Friday Update

mungkiman

2 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I really hate it when that happens at the sawmill PRIOR to being paid for the logs I have sold to them!  My family have been timber people for generations, FYI!

You probably should save that bullet as it might solve a murder case.

JJK

Where that house is situated looks to be a perfect spot to set up a small observatory if there is good clear (no trees) to the south. I've been involved with astronomy for over 50 years and I'd love to be there!  The things you can see with even a small telescope are amazing and it's all free, courtesy of our Universe. (I just hope there's no large city nearby - light pollution is a big problem).

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, JJkizak said:

You probably should save that bullet as it might solve a murder case.

JJK

Highly likely it has nothing to do with murders, MOSTLY just people shooting at the trees on our land, instead of using targets elsewhere.  Sometimes it is from shots either missing or going completely thru game somebody has been hunting on or nearby our land, besides, if a human corpse was left laying around on our timber-land, we would find it, sooner or later.

Sawmills HATE it when their saws hit bullets in wood, because they have to shut down to replace the saw-blade on that line, and it costs them production time...so....if that happens very often on timber from your land, then they give less money for the logs from that land.  It is what it is!

The same situation goes for when the sawmills hit nails or fence staples or any hard object imbedded in the wood that would dull the blades....and you would simply NOT BELIEVE what can end up inside of a log...pieces of old iron wagon wheel tires, mason jar lids, the list goes on and on.  The wood will grow AROUND objects attached to trees, too...or caught in the "crotch" of tree/limb growth.   

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...