Friday Update

mungkiman

It's an M&M. Massive and Modern. You mentioned Radon system? Is that a requirement? So I see guys pumping/finishing a floor. Is that the  main floor of the house? I guess that's a full basement underneath?

EDIT: just went back over the pictures. You have concrete walls extending 8' below grade and back filled with gravel to support the main level (concrete)?

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

It's an M&M. Massive and Modern. You mentioned Radon system? Is that a requirement? So I see guys pumping/finishing a floor. Is that the  main floor of the house? I guess that's a full basement underneath?

Out here, the Radon system is a requirement.

The concrete floor in that photo is the crawlspace. Here are the first joists for the main floor:

Joists.JPG

12 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Interesting. My driveway is 347 yards and it took 5 days. We wanted 100 yds a day and they couldn't seem to deliver it.

By closing part of the road, we set up a pump with a hopper that could handle two trucks at the same time, with a 3rd one always waiting. From that pump, an almost 500' hose ran up the hill to another boom pump for distribution. 210 yards took only 7 hours to place.

Trucks.JPG

On 9/1/2017 at 11:01 AM, jimjimbo said:

Would love to see photos of that and everything when it's done.

Here's my favorite cellar from all the ones I've done in the last 25 years. This one utilizes previously "dead" space that we found under the porch of a 1908 home, after we cut a hole through the foundation. Being close to 180' long, more than half of the cellar is behind where I took this picture. The floor was made from bricks that were part of a  chimney we tore down at the site.

Cellar.png

• Like 1