Friday Update

mungkiman

On 9/1/2017 at 12:26 PM, JL Sargent said:

Durn, who are your customers, neurologists and CEOs of Fortune 500s? :o Those are quite the domiciles.

On 9/1/2017 at 12:28 PM, CECAA850 said:

I think he's said before that he'd rather not say.

I've had work published in Better Homes & Garden, The Wall Street Journal, Dwell, and even Architectural Digest.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, mungkiman said:

If it can be engineered and paid for, crazy can be good... I like a challenge, and none of the work is speculative.

In West Virginia the primary engineering challenge for a new home is removing the wheels...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

In West Virginia the primary engineering challenge for a new home is removing the wheels...

That's hilarious :D

Reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy joke. If your richest relative buys a new house, and you have to help take the wheels off, you might be a redneck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2017 at 3:36 AM, JJkizak said:

Are you gluing all of the tong and grove floor coverings?

JJK

We're just now installing the plywood subfloor, which is being glued and screwed to the joists. This house will have radiant floor heat, so we will pour gypcrete over the subfloor, and then glue the T&G pecan flooring to the gypcrete.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/1/2017 at 2:36 PM, mungkiman said:

I've had work published in Better Homes & Garden, The Wall Street Journal, Dwell, and even Architectural Digest.

Good job, Congratulations, the people who really know what they are doing, and care about what they do are always the people who make a real difference and stand out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mungkiman said:

We're just now installing the plywood subfloor, which is being glued to the joists. This house will have radiant floor heat, so we will pour gypcrete over the subfloor, and then glue the T&G pecan flooring to the gypcrete.

That's a lot of glue. I recalled when a home was being built near me a huge pile of empty glue tubes about 4 ft. high.

JJK