HELP! Samsung 59" Plasma Took A Dump

willland

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Just tell her you are running to the store for a loaf of bread and come with the TV.

It will confuse her and she won't know what to say.  :emotion-21:

Easier said than done.  This is Samsung's online store and the PayPal account is in her name.  She gets little alerts when it is used.:o

Bill

On 11/24/2016 at 0:16 PM, willland said:

What do you guys think?:unsure:

Did I make the right choice?:o;):P

Bill

LG 32 in Familyroom.jpg

We had friends coming over and they like football too so I had to improvise very quickly.   My 32" LG from the back patio will have to do.

Bill

• Like 1

Just buy the 9000.  I didn't like the "pointer" remote at first but now I love it. 

We got rid of cable and use an antenna, amazon and youtube.  The pointer works so well with the built in applications.  Use the web browser for youtube and you will love it. 

For a few hundred bucks more the 9000 is a no brainer. 

Last year, the TV's bottomed out on price on Black Friday so you can wait until tomorrow but you will probably not get a better deal elsewhere (maybe your PAW price will go down). 

1 hour ago, oldred said:

I've got to admit from here it looks a little bright.

G.E.M.

A "little" kitchen light reflection and the fact that I did not reset to a softer tone after bringing indoors.

Maybe I should do that now.

Bill

5 hours ago, willland said:
7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Just tell her you are running to the store for a loaf of bread and come with the TV.

It will confuse her and she won't know what to say.  :emotion-21:

Easier said than done.  This is Samsung's online store and the PayPal account is in her name.  She gets little alerts when it is used.:o   Bill

Bill...buddy...how long have you been married?  Must I teach you everything?

Go ahead and order the TV from Samsung online, use her Paypal account.

Then we she questions you, tell her you ordered a loaf of bread online and you don't know nothin'.  Practice your "dumb husband look" in the mirror.  :wacko:  It will come in handy shortly.

Then if she pressures you (and we know you will fold like a cheap suit when she does) blame her for the mixup with the Paypal account.  By the time she figures out what happened you should have that new TV hung on the wall and be watching bowl games from now until the Superbowl.  :emotion-21:  :D

"buuut honey, I bought it because I love you and I thought YOU'd like it.  It's a symbol of our love, don't make me send it back. Sniff, sniff..."  :sad:

Guilt and hang-dog expression will get you a hellofa lot further than truth and logic.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Bill...buddy...how long have you been married?  Must I teach you everything?

Go ahead and order the TV from Samsung online, use her Paypal account.

Then we she questions you, tell her you ordered a loaf of bread online.  Practice your "dumb husband look" in the mirror.  :wacko:  It will come in handy shortly.

Then if she pressures you (and we know you will fold like a cheap suit when she does) blame her for the mixup with the Paypal account.  By the time she figures out what happened you should have that new TV hung on the wall and be watching bowl games from now until the Superbowl.  :emotion-21:  :D

"buuut honey, I bought it because I love you and I thought YOU'd like it.  It's a symbol of our love, don't make me send it back. Sniff, sniff..."  :sad:

Guilt and hang-dog expression will get you a hellofa lot further than truth and logic.

Do NOT....I repeat Do NOT listen to this guy....a TV as symbol of love......SURE

G.E.M.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldred said:

Do NOT....I repeat Do NOT listen to this guy....a TV a symbol of love......SURE  G.E.M.

I hope I am not mis-representing the point; it doesn't matter if anybody believes me, it only matters that his wife believes him.

I'm an idiot, no doubt about it.  I count on my wife believing that to get what I want.  The Pity Factor is NOT to be overestimated.   :emotion-21:  B)  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I hope I am not mis-representing the point; it doesn't matter if anybody believes me, it only matters that his wife believes him.

I'm an idiot, no doubt about it.  I count on my wife believing that to get what I want.  :emotion-21:  B)  :rolleyes:

Yea I know....just being me.....:emotion-22:

G.E.M

• Like 1

Okay, I sat on my hands too long and the Samsung 8000, 8500, 9000 are all sold out on Samsung.com.

I pulled the trigger on the UN65KS9500 for $1644.99 shipped.  Best Buy, Amazon, HHGregg, etc. selling for $2199.99 right now.

Front-FacingKS9500?$product-details-png$

I was not going to go curved but my buddy just got the UN65KS8500 curved and it looks awesome.

Bill

• Like 4

A little update with the status on my refund/accommodation for my 4.5 year old "unfunctioning" Samsung PN59D6500 plasma TV.  After many hoops to jump through over the course of over 3 weeks, Samsung offered a refund in the amount of a whopping $111.00.:o:(:angry2:

or 

Send me a last year model factory refurbished(90 day warranty) UN60JU6500 LED lit LCD 60" 4K TV for an out of warranty fee of $150.00.:unsure::D

Image result for samsung un60ju6500

Needless to say, taking the TV deal for the fee is a much better deal than the paltry refund offer.  With that said, Samsung really did not owe me diddly squat so for that I am very grateful.

So, I will be receiving my new UN65KS9500 in a day or two and my refurbished UN60JU6500 in a week or two.:emotion-21::emotion-21:

I kind of wish the "settlement" would have occurred before I pulled the trigger on the 65" but no such luck.  The new 65" is clearly a superior model in all respects to the last year 60" but I am sure the 60" would suffice myself and most others.   

Bill

• Like 1

So, the UN65KS9500 was delivered today.

Simple setup, very intuitive, great picture right of the box.  Inky blacks, milky whites.  Very close if not better than my Samsung plasma(RIP).  Unbelievably thin bezel, kind of like an infinity swimming pool.

I will play more with the picture settings this weekend.  Lots of features and settings to explore.

Bill

• Like 1

Newest update on my broken Samsung PN59D6500 replacement.

Samsung called today and informed me that the replacement TV the 2015 60" UN60JU6500 was out of stock so they asked me if I would be okay with them sending me a 2016 65" UN65KS8000 instead.  My reply was like, yeah.:D

65” Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV

So, I have my new UN65KS9500 and the 8000 on the way.

Bill

• Like 1