HELP! Samsung 59" Plasma Took A Dump

willland

Now one more TV to add to the confusion mix.

I can get this Samsung TV for $1849.99 delivered and no sales tax.  Not top tier but still very favorable reviews.

Samsung  UN75JU7100FXZA-------Best Buy $2599.98 + $181.99(tax) = $2781.97

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-74-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-silver-black/3938599.p?skuId=3938599

Pdpdefault-un75ju7100fxza-600x600-C1-052016?$product-details-png$

Added bonus, possibly, depreciated refund for my 59" Samsung plasma.  I am expecting(my speculation only) somewhere between $100.00 to $500.00.  I will not get that decision until at least Monday.  Not holding my breath though.

Bill

• Like 1

You know...I got one of those Panasonic 65 inch VT plasma's and love the picture....but I got to say this summer I bought a Sony 65 inch XBR for the family room. I like it too

Picture quality is totally different...but not bad. ...but 4 grand... I paid $1600.00 for my Sony Bravia XBR-65X850C............................4 grand ....................ouch

G.E.M.

• Like 1

pay attention to the numbers. j is last years model. k =2016 model. some improvements were made. I recently bought a 65ks9000 for 1799 from best buy on a flash sale. beautiful picture, still dialing it in. only issue is some motion artifact with hockey. thats only because I won't turn down the 4k resolution. everything else looks great.

I would go big big big. 65 is to small for good klipsch hts. Even 70" 7ft away is to small. Just my opinion but I would go over what you want and get a 90 or in that area. I know its easy to say yea buy it!  If its not possible regardless ignore the post. Just from experience I bought so many tvs back in the day its kinda embarsing how much I spent then lost selling them.  But the one thing we do get in those money out the window stat is the experience on what I should have done. What ever extra money you spend will be that much saved. 

My 2cents free of charge ;)

2 hours ago, gary p said:

pay attention to the numbers. j is last years model. k =2016 model. some improvements were made.

Yes I am aware of this.  As far as I can tell, Samsung has not replaced the 75" J7100 model with a 2016/2017 version.

I recently bought a 65ks9000 for 1799 from best buy on a flash sale.

the deal on the 9000 is the best you can get. my opinion of course but that's what I did.

As far as quality/price/ size ratio, getting the 65KS9000 for $1674.99 delivered and no sales tax is the best deal of three I have mentioned.

the price going from 65 to 75 doubles. unless you want to go further down the quality line. I debated this for months until the deal fell in my lap. then it was too good to pass up. it is basically the same deal you can get.

You are correct.  The best I can do through my work program for the 75KS9000 is $4524.99 out the door and that ain't happening.:o

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

I'd buy the Samsung Plasma. Surprised to see someone still making them though since Pioneer sold their plant to Panasonic.

I would too if they were still mfr'ing them.:unsure:

1 hour ago, babadono said:

I (if it was my TV and I really liked it)would not give up on the old TV until  at least replacing all the bypass caps on the main board. 

I have not completely given up.  I sent in my receipt and Geek Squad work order sheet stating that the main board was not being produced anymore and unavailable.  Waiting on their review and determination how much of a refund I will receive.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Did it do exactly the same failure mode with the replacement P.S. board?

Yes, no change at all when new PS board was installed.

Bill

2 hours ago, Cinema_head said:

I would go big big big. 65 is to small for good klipsch hts. Even 70" 7ft away is to small. Just my opinion but I would go over what you want and get a 90 or in that area. I know its easy to say yea buy it!  If its not possible regardless ignore the post.

I hear you but 65" is minimum I will go and the 75" is still somewhat affordable in a mid tier model.

The cheapest 90"(88") TV I could buy through my program is $16999.99.

No need to say anymore.:o;)

Bill

30 minutes ago, willland said:

I hear you but 65" is minimum I will go and the 75" is still somewhat affordable in a mid tier model.

The cheapest 90"(88") TV I could buy through my program is $16999.99.

No need to say anymore.:o;)

Bill

Didn't Pio have 90" a couple years ago for around 7K? What in the hell costs 17K nowadays that cant be beat with a projection for less?

Mark

14 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

I'd buy the Samsung Plasma. Surprised to see someone still making them though since Pioneer sold their plant to Panasonic.

No one is making plasma anymore.  OLED is the only way to go. LG is getting better at it and another year or so i may jump on a OLED.

53 minutes ago, CHASLS2 said:

No one is making plasma anymore.  OLED is the only way to go. LG is getting better at it and another year or so i may jump on a OLED.

Unfortunately the 2016 LG lineup of OLED's still suffer from a lot of problems; Particularly: black crushing, motion judder, upscaling artifacting, low absolute brightness, and brightness limiting tech is very noticeable.

I personally think the KS9800 beats the OLED's right now, hands down. The only things it doesn't beat the OLED's in is absolute black level, lack of Dolby Vision chip, no 3D, and viewing angles. Many people would find those less important than the shortcomings of the OLED's.

13 hours ago, willland said:

As far as quality/price/ size ratio, getting the 65KS9000 for $1674.99 delivered and no sales tax is the best deal of three I have mentioned

I was hoping to get a new tv this year but now it's up in the air....Right now we have a smaller Panny Plasma (listed in sig) that we thought was going to be a short term deal to move into the bedroom to replace a Sammy DLP when it screw up but it still is working like a charm (with only slight amount of darkening upon startup)...That said, if I found the 65KS9000 for that price the DLP would be on craigslist for free and by the curb. :)