Late to the party

Woofers and Tweeters

24 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Quite simply idiots who consume it to get high and: drive, operate machinery, smoke it in the presence of young children with developing brains or provide it to children.

Exactly.... idiots do this..... and I'm sure there are some idiots like this..... 

But the responsible cannabis smoker will put in a hard days work go home smoke cannabis and listen to klipsch speakers;) the only thing he might do is OD on a bad of Doritos....

I also believe that there are a lot of good medical use to come out of cannabis....and  there are so many that have been locked up for just a seed and a stem (small amounts) that do more time than someone that killed somebody..... it's just wrong...

3 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

If I get in before the wall is built, it sounds as if there is no way back out?

Go, Canada.

For a small fee I'll lend you my catapult. Keep in mind our official policy will be 'you can check out but never leave'. We still have thousands of draft evaders here from the heyday of Tricky Dick.

1 minute ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Exactly.... idiots do this..... and I'm sure there are some idiots like this..... 

But the responsible cannabis smoker will put in a hard days work go home smoke cannabis and listen to klipsch speakers;) the only thing he might do is OD on a bad of Doritos....

I also believe that there are a lot of good medical use to come out of cannabis....and  there are so many that have been locked up for just a seed and a stem (small amounts) that do more time than someone that killed somebody..... it's just wrong...

When you treat cannabis as a Schedule 1 drug like cocaine there is no significant research done on it's (potential) therapeutic benefits. The research out of Israel is just not enough. 

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Canada is going to make it openly available for recreational use next year for persons 24 years and over.  

IMHO: Cannabis should not be legalized for recreational use. It should be decriminalized for simple possession (i.e. not a felony) and legally available for medical use.

They are?  When did they decide this?

Last I heard they were studying this with some commission.  One issue that  kept coming up is people who had misdemeanor drug convictions in Canada under older laws being able to get pardons so they were eligible to get work visas for the US.

Just now, Wolfbane said:

For a small fee I'll lend you my catapult. Keep in mind our official policy will be 'you can check out but never leave'. We still have thousands of draft evaders here from the heyday of Tricky Dick.

Catapults aren't for people... You might face many thousands more evaders, regardless of tonight's eventual outcome.

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

They are?  When did they decide this?

Last I heard they were studying this with some commission.  One issue that  kept coming up is people who had misdemeanor drug convictions in Canada under older laws being able to get pardons so they were eligible to get work visas for the US.

It was decided in the federal election last year. We study everything with commissions here. That way politicians can both pay off their political cronies (at crazy per diem rates) and blame any subsequent 'mistakes' on them. 50% of the country will be stoned legally on April 20, 2017.

8 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Quite simply idiots who consume it to get high and: drive, operate machinery, smoke it in the presence of young children with developing brains or provide it to children.

Homo sapien brains continue to develop to ~24 YOA.

There are laws against trying to drive while under the influence. Enforce that law. As long as it's of their own free will, and no one is being harmed, then it is none of my business what someone is doing in their own homes.

1 hour ago, Weber said:

There are laws against trying to drive while under the influence. Enforce that law. As long as it's of their own free will, and no one is being harmed, then it is none of my business what someone is doing in their own homes.

Unlike alcohol, there is no breathalizer equivalent to do roadside tests for the intoxicating effect of THC. I suspect sopmething is coming but it is not there yet.

• Like 1

Unlike alcohol, cannabis doesn't inspire extreme Dunning-Kruger level self-assessments of the ability to drive.

With the one party rule we're entering, I doubt it will ever be rescheduled, but you never know.  After Trump and the R's, the big winner of the election was pot.