Klipsch- rp280fa .. what Center ??

klipsch29

Hi there , im new to the forums ! I'm currently running for a setup

Klipsch KLF-20'S for fronts

Klipsch Rc64ii for center 

Rw-10d for sub 

Klipsch Rs-42's rears 

My question is I just ordered the Klipsch Walnut rp-280fa pair .. and was curious if I can run my 64ii or sell and get the rp-450ca or rp-450c ? Will these be major sound differences in my front three keeping the 64ii w/280fa ? Any help much appreciated!  

Edited by klipsch29

20 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I haven't heard either center. Although the rp450c is a match for the rp280fa's, I believe the rc64up is a much better center. Do us a favor and do an A+B comparison on the rp280fa's and the klf20's.

I'll try my best at ear ... I had the rf-82's few years back sold them and wanted the rf-82ii's and picked these klf-20' s up for 300 so I settled cause they sounded amazing ! I'm hoping these new ones talk business :) just curious if my rc--64 will sound good with them is my only worry for the front sound stage !

So you do not recommend this what's so ever .. I thought the horn itself would add a bit more with rp-450ca  these rp-280fa's sound crazy detailed .. back to 450ca from 6" to 5.25" think I'll lose that much ? I love the sound now I have if the center was a tad more on the brighter side I'd be stoked , I still am tho cause it's a crazy center for the most part and has beautiful depth and overall great sound quality 

Just now, klipsch29 said:

So you do not recommend this what's so ever .. I thought the horn itself would add a bit more with rp-450ca  these rp-280fa's sound crazy detailed .. back to 450ca from 6" to 5.25" think I'll lose that much ? I love the sound now I have if the center was a tad more on the brighter side I'd be stoked , I still am tho cause it's a crazy center for the most part and has beautiful depth and overall great sound quality 

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Scrappydue said:

You'd basically be downgrading in sound quality to match aesthetics. That's it. 

8 hours ago, klipsch29 said:

Absolutely a downgrade. The 450c will not be at detailed as the 64ii you have now. Like I said. You will be losing quality. Your speaker. Ow has a massive 1.75 compression driver. The RP-450c has a tiny 1" tweeter. HUGE difference in quality of components. You own the flagship of the reference line right now. Don't go down models. Will only get worse. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 10:51 PM, Scrappydue said:

Absolutely a downgrade. The 450c will not be at detailed as the 64ii you have now. Like I said. You will be losing quality. Your speaker. Ow has a massive 1.75 compression driver. The RP-450c has a tiny 1" tweeter. HUGE difference in quality of components. You own the flagship of the reference line right now. Don't go down models. Will only get worse. 

I will take what you say into consideration I was only looking to match tonal quality because there is differences the 280fa's have that revamped squared and circular throat so I thought it would make a huge difference ! I love the sound some movies in the center speaker sound muffled I think cause of my towers precise detail in everything and then there are more movies that sound bang on if this makes any since at all ?! Means a lot hearing I own the flagship in Klipsch reference line but would the flagship be the rf-7ii's?!? Thanks for your help and replys

Edited by klipsch29

4 minutes ago, klipsch29 said:

I will take what you say into consideration I was only looking to match tonal quality because there is differences the 280fa's have that revamped squared and circular throat so I thought it would make a huge difference ! I love the sound some movies in the center speaker sound muffled I think cause of my towers precise detail in everything and then there are more movies that sound bang on if this makes any since at all ?! Means a lot hearing I own the flagship in Klipsch reference line but would the flagship be the rf-7ii's?!? Thanks for your help and replys

What you are hearing in the clarity difference from your towers you have compared to your center is either a placement issue or the fact that it is a horizontal center. Trust me, if you went from the 280's to the 7ii's you would see a good size difference in the clarity again. The 280's are much more of a laid back Klipsch sound. Great for music in my opinion. But they were a step back for movies to my ears over the ref ii stuff.