WTB Luxman R117 or R115

Woofers and Tweeters

I've been watching the Luxman R117 and R115 on the auction site for a while in hope of scoring a real deal. Putting a feeler out here to see if someone has one that they've displaced it with separates or new equipment, etc. 

Post or PM me with what you have or if anyone sees one on CL or...

Thanks in advance :emotion-22:

Thanks for the replies. I was able to buy a Luxman R115 in Cincinnati this morning. People can ask a war price for these. It was all i could do to not buy this one. After shipping and extra insurance, it would have been well over $100, Still a great deal. What scared me off was the no returns. I didn't want to return it, I wanted to hear it.

Anyhow, I paid a little more for the one I bought, but i was able to listen to it first. 

I'm still looking for the R117. I'm not as in a hurry now that I have a fix. 

Thanks again for the extra eyes and ears on this. 

James

1 hour ago, RockOn4Klipsch said:

Here's a r117 local to me.

That's close to what they have been selling for. If it was close (no shipping costs added and chance of damage) then I would check it out. I am enjoying the 115 for now and if one shows up at a price I can't resist, then I hope that I have the money lol.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I'm not sure if you are tech handy with this stuff James?

I might be, but i have to stop surfing for more stuff and learn about what does what, and why. I have sent amps and pre amps off to be serviced. They get new resistors, caps, etc,.... only to come back sounding thin. 

Tell your friend to spank her again (they love to be spanked) with more Deoxit. Sometimes the nasties can move to a new location. I have had volume controls clean up only to to have disrupted balance controls or selectors or... Not that they have anything in common, its just that one is feeling better while one needs more attention. The volume control is clean. The (_____) pod moved a nasty that is now giving trouble. 

10 hours ago, Weber said:

Winner winner Luxman dinner. Contacted Scott, the seller from the link that you posted, and we made a deal. Thanks for everyone's links and looking out for one.

That is awesome.  I hope my fondness of these wonderful receivers will rub off on you.  I really do regret selling my minty R-117.

Bill

3 hours ago, willland said:

I hope

It's all your fault. What, are you trying to get in the running with opusk to see how much money you can get me to spend? :P Thanks is all I can think of. 

After you posting it in the receiver thread, I read in several other threads in this and other forums, chatted with you about it, about knew it was one I had to try. Every time that I searched the R117 vs ____, it always had the same results: the Luxman R117 was the end the search, the itch is scratched, hands down winner. Although right now I only have the R115, it is supposed to have the same build quality with less power. So far it is impressive. There is a clarity that will be hard to beat or match. Right now I'm not setup to AB power sources, and see no need to do so, it sounds so clean, detailed and full range that I am very satisfied...which isn't something many of us audio addicts say very often.

James