Poll: Your Favorite Genre

TasDom

Your Favorite Genre  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick one genre only, what would it be? If I have missed something, let me know and I will add it.

• Blues
    • Classical
    • Classic Rock
    • Country
    • Heavy Metal / Metal Rock
    • Rap / Hip Hop
    • Reggae
    • Jazz
    • R & B / Soul
    • Alternative
    • Pop
    • Acoustic Singer / Songwriter
    • Experimental
    • Progressive Rock

I would have an easier time if the poll were asking to choose which one to eliminate, which would be easy.  My listening tastes are ABC: anything but country.  

If forced to choose just one, blues, and if I could quibble, I would include it's bastard step child rock into the blues category.

• Like 2

I'm a metal girl to the bone....but there are so many other genres I love random aspects of. Industrial is my first love.....NIN, Ministry...good stuff cranked up, rattling the windows. But I also love some bluesy stuff recently, such as Kaleo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Where is the choice for experimental?

Folks like Laurie Anderson, Steven reich, Phillip glass, Mick Karn, Brian eno and the other artistic unclassifiables?

1 hour ago, Quiet_Hollow said:

From the list? Jazz, with Alternative bringing up a close second.

Off the list?  90's Downtempo :emotion-21:

28 minutes ago, willland said:

Add acoustic singer/songwriter please.

Bill

11 minutes ago, woodsman said:

No Prog Rock? Some of the best music is in that catagory.

Ok added.....removing Reggae and Latin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski Bum said:

My listening tastes are ABC: anything but country.  

I thought this too until I saw/heard Faith Hill sing, "This Kiss." That lead me to Shania Twain and now I have DVDs of both. :) I also can recommend the DVD-Audios of Cry (Faith) and Up (Shania) but admit I don't have much use for C&W dudes--In fact, I think I'll put on one now...Oh yeah, and one of the Demo songs I show off my system with is on Faith's When The Lights Go Down DVD called "Breathe" with Carlos Santana--It'll make you cry for several reasons.

2 hours ago, AuntBea said:

I'm a metal girl to the bone....but there are so many other genres I love random aspects of. Industrial is my first love.....NIN, Ministry...good stuff cranked up, rattling the windows. But I also love some bluesy stuff recently, such as Kaleo.

I KNEW AUNT BEA WAS A ROCKER!!!

I'm a huge NIN fan and never really knew what category to place them. I've never heard the term industrial to describe a music style...I like that.

• Like 1

I did not see a listing for Trip Hop, a combination of old school rock, Hip Hop, pop, R&B, soul.  A bit of everything thrown together.  I like a like of current stuff so, pop is also one of my favorites.  I'm not into rock, old R&B, soul and most stuff before the mid 90's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tasdom said:

Ok added....

I seriously doubt any of the regulars here are gonna click that. I've been here for 6 years, and lurked for 5 years before that...this just isn't the place it seems. :mellow:

For Example:

Mouse On Mars - Schnick Schnack Meltmade

or Daddylonglegs - Bareback

Not exactly Top 100 stuff, yet it's all I ever listen to a large percentage of the time.