What Book Are You Reading?

Wolfbane

Ultralearning by Scott Young. Found relatively fresh learning strategy ideas to try. I have also seen a great movie while surfing through movie review essays about character called The Peaceful Warrior(useful reference). The main character, Dan Millman, was a university student and a locally famous gymnast who had a dream about winning a National Championship competition. After many missteps, failures, and complex challenges, the guy realized that he had to discipline his soul character to be a better person in general and an athlete who is happy to do his job.

Edited by John N. Serra
  • Like 1

I just finished "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August" by Claire North. Not exactly sure how to describe it. Kind of a thriller, but includes recurring reincarnation of the main character and several others. I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, Fish said:

When Money Dies,  Adam Fergusson  A little story of inflation and the end of............A good read if you have one of those minds that like real info.

That's not offered on the digital library cards that I have, nor is it at the 2 HPB stores here. I was able to download a pdf of it here are work. I will read it as time permits. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:59 PM, CWelsh said:

I just finished "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August" by Claire North. Not exactly sure how to describe it. Kind of a thriller, but includes recurring reincarnation of the main character and several others. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, because I will describe this book as a historical, science-fictional spy novel. An extended episode of DW sans the time & space travel and a spiteful letter of twisted friendships and vengeance. Good book. I have and idea that Clire was inspired by works of Alan Po(Additional reading) becuase while reading several essays on The Fall Of The House Of Usher by him, I have noticed on the story development structufe of the charachters in general, that gave me this idea. 

p.s: I finished a Doomsday book recently by Connie Willis, which I recommended to read too

Edited by PedroD
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:05 PM, NADman said:

This is a good time to read Never by Ken Follett.

Wow, that was long.. Never was one book I couldn't wait to finish.  I like the multi characters, multi settings, but gagged on some of the statements that were underhanded in.

One you might like is One Second After by Forstchen.