What Book Are You Reading?

Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have a book I read on my commute to work, a book that I read before bed, and a long-term book that I'll read some on weekends or whenever the mood strikes.

Currently reading "12 Rules for Life". And no, I'm not some neo nazi alt righter or anything, I just thought the book might be able to help me to provide essay writing service for one of my clients (yep, I'm college writer).

Edited by tatent
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tatent said:

I'm re-reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It's my favorite book of all time, hands down. Funny, interesting, easy to follow yet complex enough to tease the mind.

I've read the book twice and watched the TV series twice. LOVE IT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 6:09 PM, geezin' said:

spacer.png

It's a great reading!

For me, any book is a source that carries certain knowledge and valuable information. And it's a pity that there is not always time for this. Due to the irrational use of time and the habit of putting off everything to the latter, I often accumulate a lot of tasks. Cope with which on my own is simply not realistic. Therefore, in such cases, I use proofreader uk. It allows me to complete all my tasks on time and even get good grades.

Edited by JonathanBrown

The other day I suffered through American Fix.

Screenshot_20220509-053315_Libby.jpg.24afab27467010f648d59fe24a6705ec.jpg

The author blames everyone for his addiction except for his dealer. Besides him being dishonest to the doctor about needing the drugs, he then visits other places to get more pills. He blames the pharmaceutical industry for developing a pill that can be crushed that allows the user to have a quicker and more intense high. Claims discrimination because companies won't hire addicts and wants reparations and free healthcare. Rather than owning his addiction,  he claims addiction to be the same as someone having cancer or diabetes.

Victimhood is another addiction that he has.

• Sad 2

On 5/17/2022 at 10:34 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Night Comes to the Cumberlands. I wish that I would have read it long ago.

Screenshot_20220517-101754_Libby.jpg.1c9ec61fbfe8d544fc9f9101fdeeb5ca.jpg

I couldn't find it at my local libraries or used bookshops.

Amazon-Hard cover $70.00

Soft cover $32.00

Kindle  $3.50

To Easy. Done. Thanks.

12 hours ago, NADman said:

I couldn't find it at my local libraries or used bookshops.

Amazon-Hard cover $70.00

Soft cover $32.00

Kindle  $3.50

To Easy. Done. Thanks.

Local to me, there are two HPB stores.... I go there ~ once a week. They do ship, so you can order online. They also have lots of CDs and LPs, some new, most are used.

I went to HPB yesterday and scored a Delbert McClinton to add to the collection along with a Dr. John, a Rolling Stones, and a few others. 

The book seems to shoot straight, like it or not. Being born after the book's release and ~ 100 miles away, I have been insulated from what the book reports, except for the blanketed stigma. Combining the landscape, mindset, business practices and time period, it was the perfect storm which had devastating results.

https://hpb.com/products/night-comes-to-the-cumberlands-9781931672009

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

9780812971286: The Spooky Art: Thoughts on Writing

Of course, there are other books on [serious] writing that are more
"how to, " but this one is fun and thoughtful in a Mailer way.  There are chapters called, "The Turd Test," and a preface that convinced me to read it (something I almost never do), thanks to its title, "A preface with three warnings and one apology."  He includes an advertisement he put together for The Village Voice for his novel The Deer Park that includes the very most scathing reviews of the novel.

RELATED, and good:

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (A Memoir of the Craft (Reissue))516CZYPTGWL.jpg

[30 writers write about writing]

And one of the best books [IMO] on functioning in the arts:282194

• Like 1