What Book Are You Reading?

Wolfbane

9780812971286: The Spooky Art: Thoughts on Writing

Of course, there are other books on [serious] writing that are more
"how to, " but this one is fun and thoughtful in a Mailer way.  There are chapters called, "The Turd Test," and a preface that convinced me to read it (something I almost never do), thanks to its title, "A preface with three warnings and one apology."  He includes an advertisement he put together for The Village Voice for his novel The Deer Park that includes the very most scathing reviews of the novel.

RELATED, and good:

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (A Memoir of the Craft (Reissue))516CZYPTGWL.jpg

[30 writers write about writing]

And one of the best books [IMO] on functioning in the arts:282194

• Like 1

Brilliant biography of an older man's journey. Such a refreshingly honest and humble explanation of a journey by Dr. Bill Greenwood. Highly suggest this book for anyone interested in this type of read.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 1.59.58 PM.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley

Currently reading this book. People who write essays easy and fast always impress me. I can spend a day and write just one sentence. As a result, I apply to writing service https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/greatassignmenthelp/. By the way, reading samples also help to write a good essay. It's my lifehack.

Edited by Weni

On 6/27/2022 at 6:58 AM, Weni said:

spacer.png

Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley

Currently reading this book. People who write essays easy and fast always impress me. I can spend a day and write just one sentence. As a result, I apply to writing service https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/greatassignmenthelp/. By the way, reading samples also help to write a good essay. It's my lifehack.

I am an aspiring writer/author. Checked out your link. That's interesting, though I am not writing essays. That said, if you are writing essays, is that for academic writing? And if that is the case, does the school not offer proofreaders at a cost? I just recently completed a doctorate and having the work proofread over and over was a big part of the process. We were required to use the schools proofreaders, but the cost was "only" $2.00 per page, which isn't cheap in some ways, but your link said it starts at $12.00 per page... ouch!

• 2 weeks later...