Phoenix Klipschorns

Wolfbane

The glass appears to merely sit on the tophats.  The wood below should be as new.  They may not add to value, but why would they decrease the value?  Take them away and you expose tops without plant rings or any other evidence of assaults.

They look very nice, but not $4,800 nice.

• Like 1

Really pretty, look well kept.  The Type AA XO looks unmolested.

I don't have much info on 70's Khorns, but when you get to the 1977 w/Type AA XO's I would think condition would be everything.  I don't think $3500 is a crazy number, but the seller wants $4800 which leaves some room for negotiation. 

As the ad says, new ones are $12,000-16,000. These are a bargain at half the price.   B)

5 minutes ago, ryanm84 said:

I emailed the seller briefly a couple months ago. He didn't appear to be in a hurry to sell...maybe like he told his wife he was trying but had them priced high. Cherry is what he told me too.

If you're not in "a hurry"....tell your family, tell your coworkers, tell your friends..but don't post on CL....especially with items like that.

12 hours ago, Edroom said:

Ad deleted.....sold?

I'm tracking Heritage prices, but I can't include this one at $4800 because I don't know if the Seller got his price, or did he simply pull his ad due to all the low ball emails...who knows?

9 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Oh, it almost slipped mt mind

there was a Scala center with the top chopped off that I sold for $350

:o

Your sale exposes the weakness in my spreadsheet, I don't have a category for La Scalas with its head cut off!  :lol:

I don't lump all the LS into one group because I think the values change at certain points since they have been around for 70? years.  For whatever reason there seems to be a lot of LS with Type A and AA crossovers so I would like to value them as a group, but I don't know exactly when the A's began and the AA's stopped.

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

:o

Your sale exposes the weakness in my spreadsheet, I don't have a category for La Scalas with its head cut off!  :lol:

I don't lump all the LS into one group because I think the values change at certain points since they have been around for 70? years.  For whatever reason there seems to be a lot of LS with Type A and AA crossovers so I would like to value them as a group, but I don't know exactly when the A's began and the AA's stopped.

Any ideas?

I meant that  a Scala(with the top chopped off) came with the Khorns for $800.

When I sold the Scala, it netted my cost down to $450 for the Khorns:D:D:D

Mark