Which Heresy they are?

thunderdome

You're welcome...and I love Polish beer...but sending me some would not be a good idea.  It would be drank by somebody in the postal service before it ever got very far towards me.

If you had a house fire and it damaged the cabinets ONLY, but the rest was still good, what would you do?

Or, it you had mitered cabinets and you were carrying them down some stairs and you slipped and they went bouncing down the stairs, irreparably damaging the mitered cabinets, what would you do?

Me?, I would salvage what I could and build more cabinets to put what I had salvaged into.

That is probably what happened...or similar to it.

ENJOY THEM!  They are GREAT speakers!

I get your point. I've never looked that way on things...

But i'm a fanatic. When i bought my used speakers (see the picture below) i have done a full research about the history of this particular pair. Im just that kind of a guy. :)

But like i said before, i will borrow a Heresy III and give them a try, 100% sure about it. 

Clipboard01.jpg

That's for sure. In saturday i will be listening a cornwall III pair so it will be fun i suppose :)

I'm really into that kind of a presentation too. I was always with the transmission line and weight thing.

But.

The Klipsch got me. Got me good.

Again. Thank you very much. You are pure gold. 

Greetings,

Patrick

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2016 at 5:09 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Keep in mind that you will NEVER see another pair like this, with matching panels in this type of build, unless it was built for Klipsch employees BY Klipsch employees.

Great discussion thread on this find overseas. I'm interested in the pic provided and this statement. What do you mean by 'matching panels in this type of build'? I have a pair of Heresy I's that look strikingly similar, although they aren't gloss and they were spray painted black by my sister in law some years back. It took me months to get that crud off and get back to something like the original Birch.

Here's a google link to some before and after pics:

https://goo.gl/photos/EdRUdUZkJggb6Jbw5

JCC

Since you don't seem to have an original cabinet (look for numbers and letters stamped into the rear edges), look for ink stamped numbers on the drivers, like the ones covered up by the Klipsch sticker on the woofer magnet.  So, look for something like 137 341.  That would mean the manufacturer is CTS (137) and it was made in the 41st week of 1943, '53, '63, ....'93, but most likely 1973 in your case.  

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 10:43 PM, JCC914 said:

.... I'm interested in the pic provided and this statement. What do you mean by 'matching panels in this type of build'? I have a pair of Heresy I's that look strikingly similar, although they aren't gloss.....

You ONLY saw a pic of ONE speaker of the pair...so ....THIS is what I meant:  The PAIR is an exact book match SPEAKER TO SPEAKER (as if each speaker was more or less a mirror image of the other.  The left side of the left speaker matches the right side of the right speaker; the right side of the left speaker matches the left side of right speaker; fronts, tops and bottoms of each speaker match each other pie-slice emblems are installed to reflect a mirror image in the pair of each other.  The parts were pulled from regular production parts pallets as speakers were built and set aside as pairs until a color/grain patern set of all parts were gathered...then the parts were taped together in a bundle and put under the workbench, so that when employees wanted to buy a pair of decorators, they could look through each bundle and pick out the already matched (or relatively matched) parts for their speakers.

So I am over routing out motorboards and come across and interesting pair of fronts, then as I am building, I run across the tops and bottoms for the fronts, then I look for a pair or two pair of matching sides...setting the parts aside as I am working...bundle them up later and put them under the workbench for a later "special employee build".   The nature of birch veneer is that quite often pairs can be made up which have the color patterns doing one thing (like the "flames" of this pair), while the actual WOODGRAIN is doing something entirely different...so the closer you look at them the more radical the view becomes!  Make sense??  One thing about this particular pair is that the flame pattern of the front panels ALMOST makes the side panel front edge plys disappear into the front panel view as a part of the flame pattern...with the same effect appearing on the side panel top ply edge where it mates up the flame pattern in the top panels.  And looking at the pair from this particular angle ALMOST makes the horizontal plys of the top edge of front panel become unnoticeable because the front panel flame patterns roll right into the top panel flame patterns...an optical illusion which takes attention AWAY from the horizontal plys separating the top and front panels as you look at them.

How do you get great WAF from a pair of plain birch decorators??? This is how!  Unique, but NOT overly LOUD....in a room of honey-colored oak furniture they would be perfect!  Honestly...pics never do these the justice that the eyeballs of a human do for them.  Seeing them in person is way more effective than looking at these pics!  And honestly I didn't even set this wood aside for myself, but gave the panel set I originally set aside for myself to Judy Harris who sweet-talked me into it....and then I built up these panels for my own pair a few weeks later.  The ones Judy got (and still has!) eat this pair's lunch!  Every color in the rainbow all mixed around and swirled together and swirled back apart all over the place...with the wood-grain doing all kinds of wild and crazy things totally unrelated to what all the colors are doing!  She has THE MOST BEAUTIFUL decorator Heresys I ever built!!  These are maybe third or fourth on my list of favorite pairs I built for employees...but I like them just fine!

Flame twins at Rodneys Place 2016.jpg

On 4/20/2017 at 5:20 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Make sense?? 

Yes, thanks! Very kewl indeed, and I'd disagree with you, the pictures are sublime. Although I'm sure my eyeballs would burn in person.

My restore on my speakers from black spray paint went well, but man, what a pain. Worth it though, Heresys rule.

JCC

Hello,

I also have a question to my pair of Heresy.

I get them more then 10 years ago, of my grandpa.

They sound still great and i love them.

Since I get them, I want to know, how old they are. For shure, older then me.

Someone know, if the color is original? The serial number and the name of the person (how tested) is handwritten.K1600_IMG_20170411_163515.thumb.JPG.919239d12c926e1c8f3d83f817cba3a6.JPGK1600_IMG_20170411_163522.thumb.JPG.5b4c4de66448d78d8b08b8aef24769cb.JPGK1600_IMG_20170415_170719.thumb.JPG.f32777f70dc094d3117663513b129fdd.JPG

Thank you.

Greetings

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Lercus said:

Hello,

I also have a question to my pair of Heresy.

I get them more then 10 years ago, of my grandpa.

They sound still great and i love them.

Since I get them, I want to know, how old they are. For shure, older then me.

Someone know, if the color is original? The serial number and the name of the person (how tested) is handwritten.

Thank you.

Greetings

What is the serial number?  That will tell the year of manufacture.  The pics look like the cabinet was made in the late 1960's (fir plywood motorboard less than 0.75 inches thick) and the components within the cabinet are also from that era:...C-type crossover is also from that era, as are the tweeter ,and mid-range horn driver, also the woofer.  E-type crossover came out at end of 1960's/early 1970's.  The midrange horn lens on your Heresy also came out about that time.