Badges

Tarheel TJ

I have a simple question.  I recently got a replacement laser logo for one of my Heresys that has been without one for some 15 years.  Thanks to forum member BamaMike for hooking me up!  What is the preferred glue for attaching it to the speaker cloth?  Seems like an easy question, but I figured I'd ask rather than guessing wrong. https://www.paint-booths.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Badges.jpg

So, if you have Heresy's with grills that have missing badges and there is glue residue on the grills, is it safe to assume they originally didn't have the laser badges since they would have been affixed using double-sided tape and there wouldn't be any dried glue on the grills? 

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 0:50 AM, mea2112 said:

So, if you have Heresy's with grills that have missing badges and there is glue residue on the grills, is it safe to assume they originally didn't have the laser badges since they would have been affixed using double-sided tape and there wouldn't be any dried glue on the grills?

First of all, they may have had badges that fell off and the owner used something like superglue to put them back on.  This was one of the most common complaints about the first rectangular metal badges...they didn't want to remain in position...or just easily came off.

Secondly, it the speakers had "laser badges" or any of the metallic rectangular badges, the badge would have been centered left-to-right on the grille, towards the top.  Whereas if the speakers originally had the pie-slice logos the logo would have been attached to the top left or top right of the grilles.  So, depending upon which part of the grille the glue residue is on would  indicate the TYPE of badge originally on the grilles.

Thanks Jim. The glue residue on my grills is centered at the top so clearly they originally had one of the rectangular badges. 

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Tarheel TJ said:

What is the preferred glue for attaching it to the speaker cloth?  Seems like an easy question, but I figured I'd ask rather than guessing wrong. https://www.paint-booths.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Badges.jpg

I picked up some double-sided mounting tabs. They are supposedly very strong. I don't want to put new glue over old glue residue so I'm going to try the mounting tabs first. I'll report back on the results.

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 0:53 AM, mea2112 said:

I picked up some double-sided mounting tabs. They are supposedly very strong. I don't want to put new glue over old glue residue so I'm going to try the mounting tabs first. I'll report back on the results.

I finally got around to mounting my Heresy badges to the grills using mounting tabs. They work great! 

I cut a small amount off the tabs to match them to the size of the badges and they hold very well, as good or better than glue. 

These particular tabs are permanent so if you use them keep in mind once the badges and tabs are in place you won't want to try and remove them. If you did I would guess it could damage the grill fabric.

20161209_190623_resized.jpg

20161209_185254_resized.jpg