Preamp under $850 for NORD amps powering palladiums

alexg5775

Looking for a preamp now so decided to start another thread. So i decided on the Nord One UP NC500DMST Stereo Black amp. Highly recommended and i am very excited!! Check it out at http://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/41bdb762-066b-10a3-b856-4421f4a3b9e8 

As you can see the budget has been extended a little:) This will be powering my new palladium p39f's. I was looking at parasound halo p5 which i can find for low $800 so this is my absolute max budget. It does NOT need to have a headphone amp, NOT need to have phono, and a DAC is not a must because i already have one. People have been suggesting tube preamps but i am having a hard time finding one in the price range. It MUST to have a remote and much prefer it to have XLR out for the amps. I also need a preout for the sub amp so if it has XLR out and also RCA out or dual XLR out it would be great.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

Thats to bad you need xlr and especially a remote... I have been using an Eastern Electric Minimax with Bel Canto class D monoblocks with extremely good results. 

29393866761_75d5006abe_h.jpg

Point to point wiring, upgraded capacitors, and a minimalistic view on adding bells and whistles that can affect sound. Rolling tubes is a joy because you really only need a single 12au7 for output.

Retail on these is around $1000... but if you keep your eyes open, you may find a used one. 

Its commonly known as the giant killer...

23 hours ago, A1UC said:

No Monoblocks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been exchanging emails with Colin from Nord, who has been excellent, and he said the monos and the stereo sound exactly the same. Said its a true mono in a stereo casing. 

The just ordered the amps so have to find me a preamp within next couple of days. 

The Eastern Electric Minimax looks nice but yea no remote, no XLR out.

It would be perfect if i can find a nice used stereo tube preamp with remote and RCA and XLR out for $800. Does this exist? 

The emotiva XDA 2 has everything i am looking for and can be found pretty cheap.