Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 finally died after 13 years of loyal service, Help me save it

zeroone

Hello,  2 weeks a go i heard a loud pop in my ProMedia 5.1 system. Does anyone know where i could find a Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 board?  Mine recently died.  I took it to my friend who is an audio guy and one of the components is burnt, and he said i would probably need to replace the entire board to fix it but he doesn't know where i could get one.  He recommended me search online for a board but i cannot find any anywhere.  Does anyone know where i can buy one? Do they even make these anymore?

My Klipsch Promedia 5.1 lasted a good 13 years. I guess the ride is over, but before i move on, i would like to know if i can get this repaired.  I am located in Philly.  

Does anyone know what i can do? Attached are two files showing the board and the burnt part.   If anyone can help me save me beloved Klipsch system I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

IMG_20161118_1134167.jpg

IMG_20161118_1134333.jpg

You can buy the complete amp on eBay and either replace yours, or just pluck the power supply from the eBay purchase and install that, keeping the remaining parts for spares.

That's the power supply you're showing that's bad. It's probably not worth the aggravation to unsolder the daughter board you're pointing to and soldering in a replacement. Trying to replace the individual parts on the daughter board is not recommended as you could have damaged traces on the board, considering the burn marks.  A DIY'er might be able to play with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-5-1-ProMedia-ULTRA-Speakers-Amplifier-AMP-Only-/131982452991?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I just had the same thing happen to me, and I loved this set up with the 5.1 surround for games!

In my case, the headphone jack works but the rest of the speakers don't get power.

I'd still like to get some use out of the sub with the satellite speakers connected to a 'regular' amplifier.  Is there a replacement plate amp that I could replace it with, or 'external' amp that I could use to power the sub with?  On the cheap?