Newbie help

Rob_A

Thanks guys. I have in my possession a pair of heresy speakers. From reading before asking I think I figured out thst they are circa 1974 or 5. They are HDB - 12's (Heresy Decorator 12" woofer, right?). Both inspected by Lester Boyd and tested by WM Bradford. Serial #'s are 10M723 & 10M724. They are flat black with heavy duty grills only over the woofers. They have metal "L brackets" on the corners which do not appear to be stock to my eye. The cabinets are beat up a bit but holy smokes do they ROCK.

Questions are - what did I get right or wrong, what else is there to be learned from the labels, and how much are they worth to a Klipsch?

Also, I love to tell noobs about stuff I'm "expert" on (mountain bikes) so if you want to blast me with cool Klipsch anecdotes, trivia, and history, please have at it. Tell me why these things spoke to me when I saw them all alone and dejected...

Photos would help.  What did you pay?  What are you using to power them?  What is your source?  

BTW, welcome.  A kind soul has already suggested the 2-channel forum.  Have you posted there?  Perhaps a moderator will move this if you ask nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 10:11 PM, Rob_A said:

Thanks guys. I have in my possession a pair of heresy speakers. From reading before asking I think I figured out thst they are circa 1974 or 5. They are HDB - 12's (Heresy Decorator 12" woofer, right?). Both inspected by Lester Boyd and tested by WM Bradford. Serial #'s are 10M723 & 10M724. They are flat black with heavy duty grills only over the woofers. They have metal "L brackets" on the corners which do not appear to be stock to my eye. The cabinets are beat up a bit but holy smokes do they ROCK.

Questions are - what did I get right or wrong, what else is there to be learned from the labels, and how much are they worth to a Klipsch?

Also, I love to tell noobs about stuff I'm "expert" on (mountain bikes) so if you want to blast me with cool Klipsch anecdotes, trivia, and history, please have at it. Tell me why these things spoke to me when I saw them all alone and dejected...

I think you got the details right. A picture would help a lot though. 

That bit about "expert" sounds arrogant, IMO. If you want to get them excited about Klipsch speakers, the best way is to downplay how good they sound and look and let them hear them for themselves. They come in and see these beat up things then you turn them on. Guys in cars call them sleepers. Check it out: