1st time Build

DaMuffinMan

I am looking around for some amps/plans to do for my 1st build.

Here is what I hope to accomplish with this Integrated S.E.T. Tube Amp Project:

> 4 Watts

< $500.00

Tone Control

Inputs for:

Receiver/Tuner

Record Player

CD Player                

Would this work?

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Schematics/300B-SE-Tube-Amp-Schematic.htm

22 minutes ago, DaMuffinMan said:

> 4 Watts check

$500.00 unsure

Tone Control NOPE 

Inputs for: Receiver ? do you mean tuner? 

Record Player no

CD Player yes 

That is a power amp with one input and volume control only.  You could pair it with a pre-amp that has the desired features, but that kit, as it is, lacks most of what you want.

Building a full featured integrated amp, with tone controls and dedicated phono input, is a bit much for a first-time project.  It's a bit much for any project, IMO, unless you're truly dedicated (being paid).

5 hours ago, Ski Bum said:
That is a power amp with one input and volume control only.  You could pair it with a pre-amp that has the desired features, but that kit, as it is, lacks most of what you want.
Building a full featured integrated amp, with tone controls and dedicated phono input, is a bit much for a first-time project.  It's a bit much for any project, IMO, unless you're truly dedicated (being paid).

So I need to look for a full featured integrated amp project?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

On 11/21/2016 at 7:23 PM, wdecho said:

My 300B is based on the schematic you are looking at. I spent almost $1000. building mine and it is not the easiest one to build  to be quite being it is a DHT tube. I would suggest George Anderson's SSE amp. It uses a circuit board and is well documented for about the money you are wanting to spend. I built mine just using the schematic and did not purchase the board. I helped another member build using the board and he is very satisfied with his results. 

Wdecho what 300B tube are you using in this setup?

How many watts is you amp pushing out?

On 11/21/2016 at 7:23 PM, wdecho said:

My 300B is based on the schematic you are looking at. I spent almost $1000. building mine and it is not the easiest one to build  to be quite being it is a DHT tube. I would suggest George Anderson's SSE amp. It uses a circuit board and is well documented for about the money you are wanting to spend. I built mine just using the schematic and did not purchase the board. I helped another member build using the board and he is very satisfied with his results. 

http://tubelab.com/designs/tubelab-sse/ 

You could add extra inputs easily but I would suggest just 2 inputs and a DPDT toggle switch to simplify the build. A selector switch can be a pain to wire up if you have never done it before. 

Do you have a build of this online?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mines finished except for the base. i'm on my 3rd attempt. Made kindling out of the first 2. Impressions; images very well. Maybe a bit on the bright side but I'm working on that. It's dead silent when the music's not playing which is impressive. A few glitches along the way but considering I've only done complete kit's before this, I'm shocked it didn't go up in smoke and flames.. Learned lot's doing this.

DSC_0207_zpsfrepnrr9.jpg

DSC_0206%205_zps4g8nfpnf.jpg

DSC_0206%201_zpss8pevalx.jpg

• 1 month later...