Help with my popping rear speaker RS-62 II / Help fix my setup

Prowlinger

Hey everyone. I have a menagerie of speakers and am trying to slowly get them all Klipsch, as budget allows.

I am having a problem with my right rear RS-62 II speaker but only when playing movies when there is a really sudden loud burst event.
It pops and sounds like someone upstairs stepping really hard on the floor (and makes for an amazing realistic effect IF a movie has that happen lol)

Being a minor audiophile I have tried to keep a decent round about system with limited funds.

Can you please offer comments on my system and help me fix this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Receiver:          Onkyo AV Receiver 7.1  TX-SR805
                        130 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
                        24-Bit/96kHz A/D, 24-Bit/192kHz D/A

Fronts:              Athena Technologies WS-100 / 50-20kHz + 3dB / 200w

Center:              Atlantic Technology / Compact Theater Two Center Resp. 55Hz – 20kHz / 150w

Rear:                Klipsch RS-62 II / Resp. 50Hz-24KHz +3dB / 150w RMS / 600w Peak

Sub:                 Atlantic Technology / Compact Theater Two PBM 150w RMS  20-180Hz +3dB / Peak 105 dB

I am going to replace my center with a RP-250C speaker next, btw.

Edited by Prowlinger

The problem may be a bad connection.  Check the connection of the speaker wire to the avr and speaker.  Make sure the speaker wire itself is not damaged.  A loose connection could also be inside the speaker.  The amp or avr can also be a source but, this occurs more in vintage or old amps/avr.

21 minutes ago, Prowlinger said:

Could it be something in the setting of the receiver?

I wouldn't think so.  Still, you might check your settings to see what Audyssey has set for you.

I have heard large L/C/R paired with small surrounds and the AVR room correction sets the surrounds to 120 Hz.  In that situation you can easily hear the surrounds sound breakup around the crossover point.  It sounds thin and garbled but no popping that I can remember.