horrible customer service

DClisham

I paid $350 for the Klipsch M40 2 years ago at Brookstone to have the ear piece tear at the seam after 20 uses. Customer support from Klipsch says there is no replacement part and try looking online to fix it on my own!! I found a lot of complaints on the web regarding the same problem and same response. Klipsch Headphones are not in the same league as Beats for customer support. I had a similar problem with Beats. No problem-shipped back the headsets and got new earpiece in a week. Klipsch is second rate in how they react to product defects.

• Administrators

Hey there. I'm sorry you have had this experience. If you haven't already, please check out this thread which sheds some more light on the M40s (including some insight directly from our Manager of Headphone Product Development, Vlad)

• Like 1

1st welcom to the forum...... sorry your first post was not a happy one with your Klipsch product.

I don't own any headphones and have no planes for any. 

Most everyone that comes here has great love for our Klipsch products.....but every once and while a company even such as Klipsch might put out a product that doesn't work out 100%. 

I've read the thread that Chad posted and did a quick google on these headphones and all seem to have the same problem. So now there discontinued and your left holding your **** in your hand... and for $350, I too would not be real happy.....Why would I want to purchace the "new" model?? I woundn't!!

Maybe just maybe, Klipsch would someway help out the owners of the M40 headphones in some type of trade-in to there updated model?? @ $350 and less than two years after purchace I couldn't get parts for em......I might be looking for another option.....

But I would duct-tape my Klipsch before I put Bose on my head......just saying;)

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Yes, I think a company as large and reputable as Klipsch should offer some kind exchange or discount for original purchasers of the M40 headphones that are having failures like this. I read the thread listed and understand completely why parts aren't available. I also understand that deep discounts or exchanges / partial credit whatever should not include every used pair on the market. If I had paid full price for mine and had a problem like this I'd be furious.

• Like 1

@jjptkd - we usually do offer a trade-up program. 

@DClisham - I'm sending you a message privately to help sort this thing out. Terribly sorry for the trouble, our guys are A+ but had no tools to help you out. If you had trouble with a pair of Beats headphones that were discontinued years ago I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy either.