Phoenix Klipschorns - They're Back!

Wolfbane

3 hours ago, Weber said:

A few more weeks like this, I'll be able to afford them. 

Sorry, but you're looking at this all wrong.  According to the ad, they cost as much as $16,000 new.

You're not spending $4,000, you're saving $12,000!  :o  :emotion-21:  :)

• Like 1

What's in a name?  A rosewood by any other name is still beautiful.

What's the point of agonizing over the veneer, if they look fantastic?  I've yet to see a price premium paid for "rare" veneer, independent of how it looks.

These look superb; not $4k superb, IMO, but superb nonetheless.  They could sell at that price, but probably not to anyone who haunts these forums.

• Like 1

I record prices that cross my path, but I don't go searching for them.  I almost always use prices from this Klipsch forum and CL listings with links here.  No "searched" CL listings, and only occasional Ebay listings.

I would not use the $4K price from the CL listing we are discussing because it is not a SOLD price.

59 minutes ago, Weber said:

But only the ones we know that sold?

Yes, pretty much.  I make a note in the spreadsheet if an item has not been sold.  We can often tell a sold item in the Klipsch forum because sellers change their posts to indicate "Sold."  I realize there are pre-sale negotiations but I think it's probably close.  It's an inexact science.