Phoenix Klipschorns - They're Back!

Wolfbane

Maybe the same ones. Shod sold them on CL for 2500? So someone took a ride and is trying to flip them. Guy in Wisconsin bought my Heresy slants for 550 and relisted them for 800 I think. He's down to 650. They are OK speakers but can't keep up with regular Heresys.

Offer the guy in Phoenix 3K, if they are the same ones, he might bite

Mark

1 hour ago, Tasdom said:
2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Dave

Remind me again please

Why are you tracking the price of Khorns?

Mark

Too much time on his hands? :P

Ha!  Does it show?  :P:P

+++

I have a passing interest in the prices of used Heritage speakers, don't know why. 

Every once in a while someone would ask "how much are Heresy's worth?"  I would reply "average price is $400 all day long."

Then someone would come along and say "$450 is the real average, but I got some in a yard sale for 50 bucks."  Or someone was say theirs was worth $600.  Well, I sure couldn't say, everybody has their opinion, but who has the facts?  Not me.

So just for fun I made up a quick and dirty spreadsheet for ALL Heritage speakers so I could fact check myself, all listings are within the last 2 months.  The numbers go into Exel for averaging since I was a psych major and not a math major, then there is a feature where I can make notes, of condition, date of sale, finish, location and any other notes I might like to have, such as a re-listing on CL, Ebay, or this forum.

It's just for fun and if any forum members wanted the info I would tell them or send them the spreadsheet.  I want to respect both sellers and buyers prices, so at no time will I publish my numbers that would interfere with a member's Selling or Buying.  I zealously protect forum members' sales, and I am much more loose with non-member's sales, such as Audiogon.

Sorry for such a long winded reply Mark, but your question was a good one and I imagine other members had the same questions and concerns.

I do it just for my own enjoyment and to share with other members as requested, but if it is causing concern with our fellow Klipshites I would just let it go and discontinue the practice. 

It's nothing personal to me, just something to do for someone with a bad memory for numbers and too much time on his hands.  B)

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Ha!  Does it show?  :P:P

+++

I have a passing interest in the prices of used Heritage speakers, don't know why. 

Every once in a while someone would ask "how much are Heresy's worth?"  I would reply "average price is $400 all day long."

Then someone would come along and say "$450 is the real average, but I got some in a yard sale for 50 bucks."  Or someone was say theirs was worth $600.  Well, I sure couldn't say, everybody has their opinion, but who has the facts?  Not me.

So just for fun I made up a quick and dirty spreadsheet for ALL Heritage speakers so I could fact check myself, all listings are within the last 2 months.  The numbers go into Exel for averaging since I was a psych major and not a math major, then there is a feature where I can make notes, of condition, date of sale, finish, location and any other notes I might like to have, such as a re-listing on CL, Ebay, or this forum.

It's just for fun and if any forum members wanted the info I would tell them or send them the spreadsheet.  I want to respect both sellers and buyers prices, so at no time will I publish my numbers that would interfere with a member's Selling or Buying.  I zealously protect forum members' sales, and I am much more loose with non-member's sales, such as Audiogon.

Sorry for such a long winded reply Mark, but your question was a good one and I imagine other members had the same questions and concerns.

I do it just for my own enjoyment and to share with other members as requested, but if it is causing concern with our fellow Klipshites I would just let it go and discontinue the practice. 

It's nothing personal to me, just something to do for someone with a bad memory for numbers and too much time on his hands.  B)

Way too complicated for me. What's an EXCEL? I used to excel but not so much now

Mark

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Can we focus on what's important for a minute please? I have 2 more K-55Ms and asked Mustang if he wanted to trade for his Vs. It has to be a couple months now and no response from him. I NEED YOU to intervene please
 :D:D:D  AND i'm serious!  Mark

OK, I'll TAKE the M's and I'll send you the V's, with the Khorns attached!  I will personally deliver the Khorns TO YOUR HOUSE, MOVE them to your living room, hook up all the wires and I'll even hit the power button on your AVR controller, JUST so you don't have to do it yourself!

Will THAT make you happy?   :rolleyes:   :lol:   :P

Dave

Kinda sensitive today, aren't we? I didn't know you had Vs in your Ks. We can cut Craig right out of the equation. I have a pair of Ks, if you want to bring yours over, can you bring some tools with you? Please? I'm going to need you to raise the 8 foot ceiling so I can double stack the Ks. Which means you need to raise the roofline just a tad. I would be happy to help with all the work, but I just had ulnar nerve surgery, carpal tunnel and 1 other thing.

Now if you can get on it so it's set up for around the week before Christmas, I would really appreciate it. I'll see what kind of rate I can get you at the motel down the street. My buddy the police chief said it isn't terrible, but they did have to give a couple people the shot 2 weeks ago. I guess for a Heroin OD? C'mon Doc work with  me :D:D:D

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

So, Mark, are those the K 55 m's that I gave you?… and now you're trying to trade them for K 55 v's???? What a lowlife…

next thing you know, you'll be offering to sell me the super heresies that you're going to build…

IDK if the Vs will fit in the Super cab.  I can cut you a good deal on them when they are finished. Do you want the super absorbent towel to go under them or standard thickness work? :P:P

NOW, let's talk about what's really important in our little corner of the world. What amps should I run into the RB-5s? I was thinking maybe a couple MC30s and a 240. Of course that would be per speaker

Mark

35 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Dave

Kinda sensitive today, aren't we?

Mark, I am 100% tongue in cheek!  :D  I always post with a smile on my face, and since you are zapping me, I'm zapping you right back! 

It's what we do in West Virginia when we like someone.  :wub:

Still, I'll tone it down just a bit, just in case some folks don't know us so well.  B)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Mark, I am 100% tongue in cheek!  :D  I always post with a smile on my face, and since you are zapping me, I'm zapping you right back! 

It's what we do in West Virginia when we like someone.  :wub:

Still, I'll tone it down just a bit, just in case some folks don't know us so well.  B)

As they say here in Illinois, F*CK EM if they can't take a joke

;););)

Mark

Just now, ZEUS121996 said:

As they say here in Illinois, F*CK EMif they can't take a joke

That's funny as I was thinking exactly the same thing!

I used to have a buddy in college who used to say that to me ALL the time!  :lol:

• Like 1