Klipsch Comparison Map w/prices

mattSER

14 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Both have their strong points

That they do, making it tough to AB. The 5.5 is bass heavy and had better highs at the cymbols and tambourine hz, while the Heresy has better mids....I would have thought that the 5.5 would have better mids and Heresy better highs.  

IME, both the 5.2 and 5.5 are bass heavy and lacking in the mids. Whereas the KG4 is an enigma that performs at a strangely high level with great balance and reveals midrange detail that other KGs simply skip over.

I was under the impression the the KG4 was considered one of the best KGs, but I've spend limited time with the 5.2 and 5.5 and if the consensus dictates that I lower it, I'd be happy to do so. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dkfan9 said:

KSP series? And why are the SF3 a level up from the other budget line dual 8s?

I knowingly excluded self-powered towers(KSP-400, RP-5) as their performance seems to be all over the place.

The second generation Synergy towers seem to be of exceptional quality. They were made with higher quality components than the previous KSF models and aspired to be as much like the RF-3 as possible, evidenced by the voicing and rear ports. The succeeding F-3 began the path in a different direction from the RF series, by softening the voicing, moving the ports to the front, and boosting bass and treble while sacrificing midrange quality. 

This was furthered with the design changes that took place with the KF-28 when the physical shape of the horn was softened even more and the voicing losing even more midrange focus.

Looking back, the SF models were overachievers on a budget, not watered down towers catering to the Best Buy market and trying to steal Bose loyals.

• Like 2

Added a bookshelf model map. Added more detail including prices and driver sizes.

Please let me know if you see any adjustments that need to be made! Especially with the used market pricing. Working on updating the floorstanding map with the same details. 

On 12/29/2016 at 5:03 AM, mattSER said:

Added a bookshelf model map. Added more detail including prices and driver sizes.

Please let me know if you see any adjustments that need to be made! Especially with the used market pricing. Working on updating the floorstanding map with the same details. 

Looks like you've been busy on this - good job. 

I appreciate all the work you put into this. If I may offer a suggestion, since the chart is clearly not only for floorstanding models, it should also include the THX-certified KT-LCR, KT-DS and KT-SW, which were contemporaries of the KG 1.2 and KG 1.5, which are included. I think the chart should also include the current THX-certified models (KL-650, KL-525, KS-525 and KW-120). Perhaps bundle all these THX-certified models in their own section?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2016 at 8:00 AM, mattSER said:

Update: added a bookshelf map. It's much more detailed. Working on updating the floorstanding map.

Since so many people are confused at how the Klipsch models compare, I started working on a map. It shows all the models from all the different series roughly arranged on a color-coded chart based on performance and size. 

This is for floorstanding, consumer models only. I haven't heard all these models, but I have heard a lot of them and lined them up to the best of my knowledge. 

What do you think? Any adjustments?

klipsch book.png

Klipsch Map 2.png

Wow, this is great! and it helps me a lot... i'm joining the wonderful word of High Definition Audio... and i'm really interested in Klipsch.. but i'm little bit confused on the various namecodes/models. DO you have an updated map or it's a up-to-date version?

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...