Klipschorns updates

dtr20

I want to have my type aa crossovers recapped. I'm having a weird sound issue from the mid-range on one speaker. I swapped mid-range drivers, and the problem stayed with the crossover. I don't know what value caps u shud but from parts-express. I will probably by Dayton audio caps if available. 

Also, I want to replace the o-rings in between the commission drive and the horn. Any idea where to pick these up? 

It worked once through tapatalk, I've never seen it through the site. Now when I go back in through tapatalk, I get redirected to a completely different topic. 

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

dtr I invited you to a PM conversation.  It has some details on XO parts on the AA and I wasn't sure how to post them on this thread.

Feel free to comment in the PM so I know the process is working.

10 minutes ago, Budman said:

just an option

ALK Engineering has a AA crossover exchange for 99.00 plus return shipping

going to send my set for upgrade

http://www.alkeng.com/

That's a pretty fair price, $99 for a pair.

The last time I shipped some Khorn XO's it was $40 for the pair.  That raises the price quite a bit especially for shipping both ways.

25 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

dtr I invited you to a PM conversation.  It has some details on XO parts on the AA and I wasn't sure how to post them on this thread.

Feel free to comment in the PM so I know the process is working.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to buy the caps from parts express

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's a pretty fair price, $99 for a pair.

The last time I shipped some Khorn XO's it was $40 for the pair.  That raises the price quite a bit especially for shipping both ways.

$40 WTF

Bob charges $14.00 to send your crossovers back to you after he rebuilds them

3 minutes ago, Budman said:

$40 WTF

Bob charges $14.00 to send your crossovers back to you after he rebuilds them

I'm sure he gets a commercial shipping price.  I sent a couple of XO's in an irregular sized box from basically the east coast to the west coast, I'm thinking via UPS.

Maybe there's a way to get a pick-up tag and get that $14 price.  That $40 is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm sure he gets a commercial shipping price.  I sent a couple of XO's in an irregular sized box from basically the east coast to the west coast, I'm thinking via UPS.

Maybe there's a way to get a pick-up tag and get that $14 price.  That $40 is ridiculous.

what did you use 2" MDF for packing :D

that stuff is heavy

7 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Thanks for the info, I'm going to buy the caps from parts express

Just to make clear, those values will modify/lower the crossover point from 6,000 Hz to 4500 Hz.  This XO is designed to be used with the Crites CT-120 tweeter.

If you need the stock value I think I can find that too.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Just to make clear, those values will modify/lower the crossover point from 6,000 Hz to 4500 Hz.  This XO is designed to be used with the Crites CT-120 tweeter.

If you need the stock value I think I can find that too.

Oh yea, I want the stock values

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 0:17 PM, dtr20 said:

Does anyone know where to get the o-rings for the mid-range horns? 

Mr. Crites has them, they are $! each. But he won't send you just a few. By the time he pays transaction fees and takes the time to stick them in a padded envelope, it can't be worth his time. I ended up buying new caps and 4 yards of the newest cloth available. He stuck the rings inside the tube.

Mark

I got some O-Rings size 1.25'' outside x 1'' inside x 1/8'' thick and put 3 small drops of super glue and glue them to the driver. Then put a small amount of Vaseline for lub. they fit the driver better than stock I think.

The stock ones are about .69 in inside dia. and .1.32 outside dia. but the inside edge sticks into the throat of the horn I noticed.

Not sure what Bob's are his might fit better .

Some here have said you can use garden hose washers but they are .67'' inside dia. stock one are .69''. But to clarify the ones I measured are out of 1980 and 1972 speakers..lol

Can someone please verify what caps I need for the stock type aa crossover? Thank you for the replies, I'll get replacement o rings from Bob on my next order. I don't have any plans yet, but I'm never too far from an order for some reason.