Klipschorn midrange driver upgrade A-55G

tblake10

Upgraded from K-55-M to John Allen's A-55G sold by Bob Crites. Bob's measurements posted on his site show less distortion and a smoother response. Those qualities are apparent upon listening. Removing a layer of distortion made everything better from top to bottom to my ears. Very happy with purchase and consider it a worthwhile upgrade.

Yet another good transaction with Bob. Can't beat him for knowledge, service, and quality products at a good value.

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the upgrade! I have a pair as well in my forte II's and they sound great, very happy with them.

Bob has always been there for me and I've been some what of a pest over the years asking lots of questions about various things. Even when there is no money on the table for him he is quick to give well thought out and thorough responses to all my inquiries. Can't say enough good things about my experiences with Mr. Crites!

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Congrats on the upgrade! I have a pair as well in my forte II's and they sound great, very happy with them.

Bob has always been there for me and I've been some what of a pest over the years asking lots of questions about various things. Even when there is no money on the table for him he is quick to give well thought out and thorough responses to all my inquiries. Can't say enough good things about my experiences with Mr. Crites!

Interesting. what was the original driver in the forte II's?. My son has a pair.

I'll try them in my khorns too. I'm running AAs in both my scalas and khorns at this point. I'll take the coil off the + leg of the squawker (4500 mod) and stick the proper value tweet caps in. Any driver that can manage 40% less distortion, smoother response and no change to existing crossovers sounds like a winner to me. Like I said, I'll listen a bunch when they show up :)

52 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Looking forward to hearing more impressions for the speakers for which they were intended...

18 minutes ago, tblake10 said:

Interesting. what was the original driver in the forte II's?. My son has a pair.

These are not really drop in replacements for the forte II, this has been a little experiment of mine and required new mid horns. In addition to that it appears as though there is some needed adjustment to the crossovers to get them "right."

The majority of new users won't leave comments about this driver for reasons which should be obvious by now. 

What, would they be banned from ever owning another Klipsch speaker? Or perhaps given the wrong GPS coordinates to the Hope gathering? Perhaps you could explain it to us…