Hh Scott 222c....

SWL

Also.....I just realized this is the first time I've had my horn loaded Tuba subs hooked up to the center channel output on the 222c. Works fricken awesome for subs.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

H H Scott rocks! I sold my LK 48 integrated as a community service concept. Never selling my 208 power amp.

If you have never heard your Klipsch with a Soft put it on the bucket list!

What pre do you use with the 208?

16 hours ago, SWL said:

Also, this is the first time I've had the tubes hooked up since I upgraded my crossovers. Wow, what an improvement. emoji106.png

15 hours ago, SWL said:

Also.....I just realized this is the first time I've had my horn loaded Tuba subs hooked up to the center channel output on the 222c. Works fricken awesome for subs.

You're only allowed one "also" post per thread... consider yourself pre-slapped for having even thought of selling them!

It all looks very nice together.  :emotion-21:

:)

• Like 1

Got rained out today so it gave me a chance to go and pick up yet another Marantz Model 3600 preamp that I had restored.

I unhooked the 222c and hooked back up my solid state Marantz gear and it sounds great. Doesn't have all the qualities of the tubes but the shortcoming that really stands out is with the tubes my butt is glued to the sweetspot for a long time. With my vintage solid state, it's like I get my fix and I'm on my way. Probably better that way because these tubes are getting me out of shape in a hurry.[emoji4]

SWL.....I had this ^^^one^^^.  I was using it with two Marantz power amps.  If you run across one let me know.  Would like to have one for sentimental reasons.

Will do. My Marantz Model 30 I believe has the 3300 preamp in it.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 7:16 AM, SWL said:

What pre do you use with the 208?

I use either a Audio Research SP 14 or Conrad Johnson PV 12. The 208 is an alternate to the VRD when I build a master bedroom suite the 208 will go into a console. I have a Grinding and a Motorola from the 50s that are fine pieces of furniture.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...