Bass Management For Two-Channel....

SWL

You guys that run subs in your two-channel system that are not using an AVR.....what do you use as bass management for your sub?

This is assuming you are powering a passive sub (because that's what I'm doing). For the last few years I've been using a couple Paradigm X-30's for this purpose with great results. They don't make these anymore and haven't for a while. So I need to look for an alternative if these bite the dust.

Any recommendations for a vintage two-channel system using passive subs? I'm aware of some amps having these tools built in but I'm curious about any other options preferably something old school like the X-30 but I'm open to something modern as long as it gets the job done.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Most new subwoofer amplifiers come with everything you need to get things done.

The downside is using the high level inputs, great to have a high pass for the mains but seems to me running through the cheapie capacitor they use takes away clarity and details so i plan on building some decent high pass filters for the mains just to get past this issue.

Other options are out there but in my opinion running through additional components takes away from the main reason we like our 2 channel systems.

^ I agree... I use the high level inputs because it's all I have and it seems to work perfectly... but it leaves me wanting to know what a good passive folded horn would sound like in my system.

It would sound awesome. I can tell you that first hand. I wish I went this route a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk