K-79 in a Cornwall 1 with B-3 crossover

geoff.

Hello, long time Klipsch fan, second time caller.

I upgraded my '86 Cornwall 2 tweeters to the k-107-Ti and replaced the K-77's in my my '84 Cornwall 1's with the k-79's from the swap.

The '84 CW1's have the B-3 crossover with the same k-57-k squaker found in my CW2's.

All other considerations aside, for now..., my question is:

How, or can I tap the k-79 tweeter on the B-3 crossover to account for the decreased efficiency?

The short answer is the one I am looking for, BUT I love to dream,  so everyone's take on this will be well received.

Let it roll!

Thanks Dean. With my preamp treble full at a 5db gain the k-79's sing and the presence comes back. Being behind the motorboard likely does it no favours either.

I was considering upgrading the crossover im my Cornwall II's with the Crites boards.

If I used the crossover from there in place of the B-3's would I be back in business? 

The driver complement is the same.

Thanks again for your input on this.

Thanks CANT, I think I will upgrade the crossover in my CW2's and relegate the old ones to the CW1's with the B-3 crossover, for now...

I have yet a third pair of CW1's with the B crossover that will get the B-3 as an upgrade. If I don't sell them. They were going to become Cornscalas but the U.S.$ exchange rate here in Canada has put a real damper on that project. For now...

Now...after plodding through the forum further, it seems DEANG makes crossovers too.

Any thoughts about the crossover for the Cornwall 2's?

My first pair of Cornwall's were the '84's with the B-3/k-77/k-57/k-33 compliment. I thought they were a game changer, having previously had Heresy1's, Heresy2's, Tangent 500's, Forte ii's Quartet's and RF-3's. None of them had the punch in the gut the Cornwall's have.

I then stumbled upon another pair, the '79's with the B/k-77/k-55/k-33 that WERE destined to become Cornscala's.

Not two weeks later I was graced with a pair of '86 CW2's and the difference IS immediately noticeable, in a GOOD way.

Just last week I lucked into a pair of CF-3's and the BIG horn and SOLID bass is a another game changer. But the CW2's are staying. At low volume they outshine everything else.