AVR receiver opinions wanted

davis419b

My old Hitachi plasma tv quit working so its time to upgrade to a Sony xbr-65x850d tv. I hate it but I am also going to have to upgrade my receiver to hdmi. I have had a Denon 5803 for the last 8 years without any issues at all. I am definitely going to miss the big power. I want to stay with Denon does anyone have any recommendations on what to buy ?

I have the same TV. It is a 2015 model so I hope you're getting a good discount. It's a good TV. Go to AVS forums a try out some of the color setting there. It has a good picture.

I have a Denon AVR-X4200. I have the receiver hooked up to the ARC HDMI, so I can control the receiver from the TV remote. This receiver also has Audyssey Platinum DSP Suite, which is the top consumer form of Audyssey out there. It also has DTS:X and Dolby Atmos for movies. Happy with the way it works for music and movies. Since it is last years model, I picked it up online for $750 out of Las Vegas.  Its will go up to a 5.2.2 system and will handle 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 with an external amp handling the extra two channels. 

I had a DAC for music, but I'm liking the internal DAC in the receiver better for music.

3 minutes ago, RTR said:

I have the same TV. It is a 2015 model so I hope you're getting a good discount. It's a good TV. Go to AVS forums a try out some of the color setting there. It has a good picture.

I have a Denon AVR-X4200. I have the receiver hooked up to the ARC HDMI, so I can control the receiver from the TV remote. This receiver also has Audyssey Platinum DSP Suite, which is the top consumer form of Audyssey out there. It also has DTS:X and Dolby Atmos for movies. Happy with the way it works for music and movies. Since it is last years model, I picked it up online for $750 out of Las Vegas.  Its will go up to a 5.2.2 system and will handle 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 with an external amp handling the extra two channels. 

I had a DAC for music, but I'm liking the internal DAC in the receiver better for music.

Sorry my son has the c I am going to buy the d which is this years model.

If you get the Denon, run the HDMI cable from your cable or satellite box into the HDMI in on the receiver, then another out to the TV.  Then if you run the TV's google apps, you'll need to run an optical cable from the tv back to the receiver.  The nice thing is as you switch on the tv remote from the cable box to the TV's app, the receiver will automatically switch sources.  Get your HDMI and optical cables from Amazon.  No need to pay an outrageous price for those