Klipsch Klipschorn Floorstanding Speakers

JCFox

It occurs to me Ms. Fox there should have been an amplifier and some cables that were hooked up to those Klipschorns.  Many people who had great speakers also had great amplifiers that are also sought out by modern day Klipsch fans.

Could you give us the name and model of the amp used?

And believe it or not, many people who post here have cables that are worth $300 or more just for the 3 foot ones, so don't throw anything away until you know what you have.

• Like 2

Wow, I have so many cables (of course, he was a software engineer at IBM so we have ALOT of computer stuff too)!  I will go over to the house this weekend and get more pictures of what's hooked up to the speakers!

Thanks again for all your help!  This forum has given me so much more than any other source I have sought!

• Like 1

Yea this really is a great forum, many friendly people. The mods here do a great job of keeping the scammers out, plus the mods blend in well. I think most were members that became mods. 

I hope a forum member ends up with your speakers, kind of like keeping them in the family:)

• Like 2

I wish we could keep them in the family - I even asked his ex-wife (who he was married to when he bought the speakers) and she is in an apartment now - everyone is downsizing and we just don't have the room.

I WANT them to go to someone who will appreciate and enjoy them!  Wish I could sell them before Christmas and split the money between our four boys (all grown)!!!

12 hours ago, JCFox said:

Wow, I have so many cables (of course, he was a software engineer at IBM so we have ALOT of computer stuff too)!  I will go over to the house this weekend and get more pictures of what's hooked up to the speakers!

Good idea taking the pictures.  Get nice sharp pictures so we can see what is there.  Since he was a software engineer I will guess he was meticulous in how his speakers were hooked up.

Just a friendly reminder to take a picture of the receiver or amplifier.  Sometimes there are two separate units, one called a pre-amp and one called an amplifier.  If you see tubes that is a good sign.  Those are not a thing of the past, tube amps highly sought after by music lovers today.

Please be advised that there are many top notch forum members as well as the bottom dwellers. Some of the members will give you a fair market value of what your gear is worth. Then we have the bottom dwellers who will offer you 10 cents on the dollar and want you to think that is fair market value. Components are the same, they will cut you to the bone in order to improve their system for next to nothing or flip it for a profit. And others will tell you how much they know the market when in fact the market is dictated by may variables.

Type, finish, condition, location, time of the year and so on. I'm sure some of our upstanding members will offer you $600 and tell you, you are maximizing your potential. Personally I would trust OPUS  over most others. When he buys on CL, he goes there with the intention of paying the asking price or he doesn't go. He also sells as fair market prices, none of the BS of asking a price that's too high expecting to negotiate

Just my observations of how this market operates, everyone here wants it for next to nothing. People will do what benefits them most, regardless of what's fair

Sorry, this is the real world of the forum, just a microcosm of the world in general.

If anyone can actually show me a few examples that prove me wrong please step up

Mark

I didn't know KLH made receivers.  Fact, I haven't heard of the KLH brand since the early 2000s.

Real shame they can't be kept with you.  I hear stories about people willing their speakers a lot.  Klipsch seem to have a nice ability to survive that long.

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Personally I would trust OPUS  over most others.

Ditto.  The buy, sell, trade guru knows the ins and outs.