Klipsch Klipschorn Floorstanding Speakers

JCFox

I think its only letting me load one picture per day!  I tried to post the back of the CD player, but it won't let me! 

Oh well most of the wires go to the CD player.  He burned almost all of his vinyl onto CDs so he could easily play them on the Klipsch - I also have a turntable which I will keep until I figure out what I'm going to do with his albums!!

16 minutes ago, JCFox said:

I think its only letting me load one picture per day!  I tried to post the back of the CD player, but it won't let me! 

Oh well most of the wires go to the CD player.  He burned almost all of his vinyl onto CDs so he could easily play them on the Klipsch - I also have a turntable which I will keep until I figure out what I'm going to do with his albums!!

If I may step in here for a moment. I owned a pair of the 1977 KC-BR's for 30 years, and, later, another pair of the Walnut Version, which cost 30% more when new. I paid $800 each plus Mich tax from a Detroit dealer in 1977, right after college. I sold them to a family friend about 10 years ago for $1,800, and the Walnut version for $2,000.

If I were interested in paying a fair price for these (which I'm not), I would not pay more than $1,600 for them. The 1976 models in your photos used Fir plywood in their internal construction. The 1977 model year used Baltic Birch inside and out, which are still considered premium speaker construction materials today and far superior to the internal Fir plywood and way about 20 lbs. more than the ones you are trying to sell. This fact was communicated to my dealer friends back then in a Klipsch internal newsletter. I also knew Paul Klipsch personally, along with most of his engineers, past and present, if that adds any veracity to my comments.

I'm confident that the veterans here (look at their post count as a guideline) will concur in public and private.

Also, if you wanted to keep a highly similar Klipsch sound in your small quarters, you might want to consider getting a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers (the smallest of the Heritage line of that era) in trade, plus $1,000-1,200 in cash.

Hope this helps. Good Luck with your sale.

• Like 2

IMHO -

Vinyl:

There are stores that will offer you a few cents each for the albums, I wouldn't do that.

I would list the vinyl in a separate thread in the Garage Sale section. I've seen people offer them as alot, or if there are a lot and you want to list sell and ship each one, you will/should get more money. That route will take more time in that each has to be logged, rate the condition, price and ship when sold. Worth it if you have the time.

The receiver and CD player:

Most people on here has a lot of equipment. Unless it's top end, then it won't get much attention / be worth as much here. 

The Khorns:

I believe what I said before, the price will be influenced by: condition, location, how quickly you need them gone, time of year, etc... They are large and, as you're discovering, they aren't for everyone..plus shipping can hurt the sale. Like other equipment, most on here have plenty of equipment. The good thing is that not everyone has the Khorn and this is an opportunity for someone to upgrade.  

Condition is the only thing that is directly tied to real value. I don't know when is the best time to buy or sell, but prices seem to vary through the year. This time of year people are putting their money into heating bills and Christmas. If you can afford time, it might help on getting more money for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

KLIPSCHORN FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS - $2500.00  This is the price for the pair

Located in Austin, Texas

Please contact me at janiefox16@gmail.com if you are interested.

back2.JPG

Front2.JPG

I.JPG

Klipschlabel2.JPG

Edited by JCFox
Didn't put that it was for the pair and not one speaker

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Christmas was good for the Klipsch - one of my very good friends, and Randy's last best friend, has the perfect man cave to house the Klipsch speakers!!  So they will be moving to a new home.  He will house them for as long as I need, knowing that if anyone of us ends up in a house with enough room, they will move back to the family.  And the best part is they will still be listened to by our family.  I am so blessed to have found this home for them.  Thank you for all your help, and suggestions!  And I am so happy I don't have to sell them.

• Like 3

Well, Christmas was good for the Klipsch - one of my very good friends, and Randy's last best friend, has the perfect man cave to house the Klipsch speakers!!  So they will be moving to a new home.  He will house them for as long as I need, knowing that if anyone of us ends up in a house with enough room, they will move back to the family.  And the best part is they will still be listened to by our family.  I am so blessed to have found this home for them.  Thank you for all your help, and suggestions!  And I am so happy I don't have to sell them.

• Like 2

Speaking for most here, I am thrilled you can keep those in the family.  We as a group are drawn together by the special feeling we get listening to music on Klipsch speakers.  Music comes alive each time the speakers are played.

I am hopeful someone in your family will sometime get those speakers and keep that love alive.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2016 at 11:48 PM, mea2112 said:

Surprised to see a KLH receiver. It's not a worthy match for the speakers at all and it's not really worth anything as far as selling it.

Very subtle way to talk to someone who's trying to move some speakers her husband and family obviously enjoyed.

How do YOU say Sorry, I was out of line?

Mark

On 12/27/2016 at 2:23 PM, wvu80 said:

Speaking for most here, I am thrilled you can keep those in the family.  We as a group are drawn together by the special feeling we get listening to music on Klipsch speakers.  Music comes alive each time the speakers are played.

I am hopeful someone in your family will sometime get those speakers and keep that love alive.

Very well put Dave. 

JC....I am glad your family gets to keep those speakers, they really are special.

• Like 1