Jensen Corner Horn

space_cowboy

I want to say it's an early "back loaded" Jensen design where the driver rear output is bifurcated and vented out to the sides (is there grille cloth on the sides?).

I've got a Jensen technical bulletin here (No.3 July 1952) that shows an enclosure that looks like the unit above.  Looking at the other catalogs I have here from the era, I don't think this is a factory made unit or factory kit.  The bulletin recommends the G-610 driver in the enclosure also. 

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, John, there are grilles on each side in the same cane material, before the cabinet slopes for the corner angles.  I was gonna take off the front, but after removing the 4 knobs, the HF control knob still holds the frame.  Seems odd in that respect.  I will remove the back like seti recommends and see/photo the insides.  

I can't find a pic anywhere of this unit, the closest i found had the HF control on the side instead of the front middle.  Anyway, I'll investigate.  

Thanks!

Edit:  here is what the sides look like

j2.jpg

I can't get the back off, after taking out the screws, the panel is still glued and I don't really want to pry it off yet.

But I can see most of the driver through the front grill and it appears to be a 12" coaxial, possibly a H222.  

This link,  http://www.shoppok.com/utica/a,49,81488,Rare-Vintage-Jensen-HiFi-Speaker-and-Guitar-Tube-Amp-Cabinet----565.htm, had the same

cabinet for sale, and they claim it has a H222....  Who knows... 

30 minutes ago, space_cowboy said:

I can't get the back off, after taking out the screws, the panel is still glued and I don't really want to pry it off yet.

But I can see most of the driver through the front grill and it appears to be a 12" coaxial, possibly a H222.  

This link,  http://www.shoppok.com/utica/a,49,81488,Rare-Vintage-Jensen-HiFi-Speaker-and-Guitar-Tube-Amp-Cabinet----565.htm, had the same

cabinet for sale, and they claim it has a H222....  Who knows... 

Are you sure it is glued? Sometimes they are just stuck in place and are a bit ornery on removal. Cornwall is the same way. 

JJK