April Madness 2017

DizRotus

3 hours ago, richieb said:

Although this cannot be used as an excuse Bill Self sat out his one and done freshman Josh Freeman for an on campus altercation with a car. Hit another car and left the scene, this is his second such incident in close succession. 

I knew the frosh was benched for the first game, but I had not heard WHY.

Even without Freeman I still thought KU would trounce TCU.  No way should they have put 85 up on the KU defense.

I don't think this costs Kansas their overall #1 seed.

• Like 1

If you had watched the 'Hawks all season this is not really a shock. While they only lost 4 games quite a number of wins were very close games that looked like L's for most the game. Look at your game for example where WVU had them dead to rights. Did the same thing to Oklahoma and Baylor. For several years now KU seems to play to the ability of their opponent and many times not much more. Very rarely do they step on anyones throat and just beat them down. They have no bench but as you said they can play D When They Want To and this year they can put up bunches of points quickly. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DizRotus said:

MSU vs PSU this afternoon.

That begs the question, who is more disgusting Nassar or Sandusky?  I say it's a toss up, at least that's how it makes me feel.

They both have peaked the disgusting meter, sickening. I'd give the nod to Sandusky and that whole program. It went on for decades, and the amount of people trying to hide what went on was much larger. When Paterno knew what was happening and did nothing, that tarnished that school's whole legacy, I WAS a fan.

• Like 2

Wow, the Wolverines certainly rose above adversity to whip Illinois.  Izzo said he almost felt sorry for Illinois having to play Michigan in practice gear after Maverick Morgans's crack about the Wolverines being a white collar team.

Michigan beat Purdue and Minnesota bested MSU.  It's an all  U of M semi-final in the B1G tournament.  Michigan is playing very well.  They'll be a tough out from here on.

The plane crash seems to have galvanized the Wolverines.  I hope other teams don't try to have their own catastrophes to inspire the players.

This is my own pet theory but I've noticed for a long time the really top teams don't always care about winning their conference tournament.  They will win a couple but then they have nothing further to prove and want to go home to rest their legs and their minds to prepare for the only tournament that matters, the NCAA championships.

Kansas down, NC down, but who cares?  They will both still get #1 seeds and It would not surprise me to see them both in the Final Four.

• Like 2

Well West Virginia is off to a swell start in their Big 12 semi against K-state.  How about 6-32 shooting (18%) for a whopping first half score of 16?  They didn't score a bucket until the six minute mark.

Can you say "they looked a little tight?"  :wacko:

Wish I had a crystal ball. I'll be making my picks for this thru my employer.....

To: All Berkshire Hathaway Associates

Once again, Berkshire Hathaway is hosting its annual NCAA bracket competition and all associates are eligible to participate. Pick a perfect bracket and you will win $1 million a year for the rest of your life! How’s that for a prize?

Additionally, the entrant (from all Berkshire Hathaway employees) whose bracket remains perfect to the farthest point in the tournament will win $100,000.