April Madness 2017

DizRotus

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Wolverines and Spartans meet tonight in Ann Arbor.  The last I saw, the line was ~4 in favor of the home team.  A loss for Michigan will be more devastating for them than a loss by MSU will be.  Whatever happens, watching Miles Bridges is worth the time spent.

Miles probably only has a few college games left, the pros want him.

Michigan fans have to be asking, "Where was that team earlier in the year?"  The Wolverines seriously outplayed the Spartans.  Michigan shot 75% from the floor, including 3 pointers, in the first half.  That could beat NBA teams.  Both teams have little margin for error the rest of the season if they want to avoid NIT.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Tarheel's Tarheels are the best team at this point,

You mean Tarheel's Tarheels are the best, OVERALL, in the entire country?  As in National Playoff Champs?   Hmmm.

I rather like Kansas as overall #1, Villanova #2. 

I am not a believer in Gonzaga in particular, or Baylor in general.  Both have good records.  Baylor has proved competitive against top competition so at least they have a bona fide.

Both UCLA and Arizona have snuck in there under the radar.  Those might be dark horses to watch for in the Final Four.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Sparty has to win at least one of upcoming games against Wisconsin or Maryland to have a hope of getting into NCAA to have a chance to lose to Middle Tennessee State in the first round.  MSG here we come.

Dunno.  Most teams don't get knocked down that far when beat by a nationally ranked team and both Wis and MD are tough.

Bracketology has Sparty in as a #10 seed.  If nothing changes they would play #7 Xavier at Indy regional.  Not the worst scenario.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

On 2/19/2017 at 0:33 PM, DizRotus said:

Tarheel's Tarheels are the best team at this point,

I had to quote you a second time.  I'm watching #7 Louisville vs #8 North Carolina on ESPN right now.

Man, both those teams got some race horses!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

It's Feb 22 and I'm already stoked for some March Madness!

The ESPN bracket gurus are agreeing with you and have North Carolina as a #1 seed. 

Their reasoning was that the winner of the ACC historically gets a #1 seed, and that NC is going to be that champ.