April Madness 2017

DizRotus

The games tonight will be interesting.  I'll be pulling for WVU, Purdue and Michigan.  My nephew played football for Arizona, so I guess I'll root for  AZ, I just don't want Bill Murray to be pissed at me.

I hope Sean Miller remembers to wear an undershirt.  That man could sweat through a parka.

coach-sweaty-today-tease-2-160318_77f4ba611bffb5e643e8ed6f6e16e764.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

WVU needed a sense of urgency at the end.

Goes into the category of "too much poise."  :(

+++

WVU lost just the way I predicted.  Close game at the end, couldn't make free throws, did not have a "go to" shooter.  Zags got a great 3-pointer late to win the game.

I'm gonna be sick. 

• Like 2

Free throws!  Why don't players and coaches recognize the importance?  If I were a coach, unless a player can hit 65% his/her way, he/she would be required to shoot underhanded.  It's only stubbornness and/or a false sense of machismo, that forces them to keep tossing overhand bricks.

Have you seen the Rick Barry ad where he sinks basket after basket underhanded, including blindfolded?  No one questioned Wilt Chamberlain's testosterone level.

In the NBA, agents should insist that their clients make foul shots, even if resorting to "granny style."  The ability to consistently get an extra five points a game, and to not be vulnerable to "Hack-A-Shaq" would be worth millions at contract time, and/or could extend careers, which is worth millions more.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Agree @DizRotus.  It's baffling why a player can make an unbelievable turn around jumper from 30 feet with a guy in his face, but he can't stand flat footed from 15 feet and make 7 out of 10.

WVU hit 72% from the line against Gonzaga but shot 26% from the field!  :o  It's amazing they didn't lose by 20 with numbers like that.

They don't need to practice free throws, they need to practice lay ups!

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Okay lets try this again.  UNC Tar Heels tonight.

Sorry about the Mountaineers Dave.  Watched till the end.

Well I'm a Tarheel fan now.  I'd like to see my conference champ Kansas make it into the finals where I expect North Carolina to be waiting.

If NC can make it out of that brutal south bracket I don't see the other semi winner stopping them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Can't give you a like for that post Davis.

Understood, but I gave you one.

A guy has to stick with his hometown team.

I have only seen NC play once this year but I do know Butler has a huge task ahead of them.

Now if Blue III was allowed into the arena the mojo would be on Butlers side.

#FreeBlue3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Battle of the Blue Bloods tonight with the UCLA vs KENTUCKY game. Who ya got?

Kentucky.

Kentucky is a border state to West Virginia which should give them the edge.

+++

Wow!  Didn't believe this when I saw the score this morning. Couldn't stay up that late on a work night.

Xavier knocks off Arizona 73-71 -Mark

Yeah this was one of my"locks of the night."  Wrong again.

Because of my trivial rant the other day about how the announcers continued to mis-pronounce "Xavier" the wrong way every other time, I couldn't help but notice they finally got it right every single time.

Someone other than me must have noticed because the word got out and they corrected their mistake.  There is no "X" in Zavier! 

• Like 2