April Madness 2017

DizRotus

^^^^^

- well Thank you Sir and Vise Versa. You're causing me to blush!

And I'll make you a deal - I'll go ahead and pull for Eggsavier tonite and you reciprocate the same for the Jayhawks vs. Oregon.

Deal? And if by some strange March Madness turning of events the 'Hawks meet X, - well I think we All know how that would go?? Good luck --

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Indiana picked up the Dayton coach.

I do not know anything about Archie Miller.

I don't know if Alford would have been a good choice or if he would have even considered the job.

Heck I would have been happy with Reggie Miller even. We are so dang sentimental here in the Hoosier state.

Speaking of Reggie Miller I am happy to see CBS give him some primetime this year. I enjoy his coverage of the games.

So what do you all think of the Archie Miller decision?

• Like 1

Archie has done well at Dayton.  He has the ability to succeed anywhere.

IMO, the more pertinent unknown is the ability of the IU administration to permit him to succeed.  Let's not forget the surprise at IU when Kelvin Sampson did at Indiana the exact same things that got him fired at Oklahoma.  They know they want to win, they just can't see the reality of the current NCAA basketball landscape.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I would hate to be Wisconsin this morning, they must still be in shock. 

To score 8 straight to tie it in regulation is the top of the mountain.  Then they are leading Florida by 2 with four seconds left and get be beat by a single guy who dribbles it 3/4 length of the floor against a press only to hit a circus shot 3 and they lose by one.

And when I say circus, it was real Barnum and Bailey type stuff with a long jump from the 3-point line drifting side-ways for six feet as the guy threw up a desperate two-handed basket toss for the game winner. 

Missed your calling, should have been a sports writer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Missed your calling, should have been a sports writer.

He shoots.  HE SCORES!!!!!  They really came to play tonight!  :lol:

My mom always thought I should have been a lawyer.

+++

Brief aside:  I have worked with a lot of lawyers.  Almost all of them would have made great psychologists or counselors.  The reason is that most tend to be all logical, rational have great analytical skills and understand people extremely well.

And they are too smart to work for peanuts. 

Social workers don't drive Porches. B)

8 hours ago, cincymat said:

Xavier is very fortunate to still be playing. Kansas, from what I've seen, is the real deal. 

So tonight, One for All, and Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk. 

Mark

Sorry Cincy but I did my best. A darn good run for any team let alone an 11 seed. As agreed, now its your turn ---

44 minutes ago, richieb said:

Sorry Cincy but I did my best. A darn good run for any team let alone an 11 seed. As agreed, now its your turn ---

X played better the last two weeks than the rest of the year. No complaining here. 

C'mon Jayhawks!