April Madness 2017

DizRotus

That's a good estimate.  McDonough Gymnasium has a capacity of 2,500.  The Hoya's women's basketball team plays home games there.  The men's team plays there only occasionally for unimportant games.  The Hoya's regular home arena is Verizon Center, which has a capacity for basketball of  20,600.

• Like 1

Wow that's a very small gym. I believe it was 14 out of the top 15 largest high school gyms in the country are located in Indiana. New Castle HS holds close to 10k. The Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame is in that town also, about 30 minutes east of Indy. I went there a few months ago and met a couple players they were inducting that day, Calbert Chaney and Damon Bailey. Bailey is still holds the high school record for points made. Bobby Knight first saw Bailey play in the 5th grade, starting recruiting him shortly after.

I have to stop watching my beloved Mountaineers on TV just now as they pound Western Carolina.  It's just not necessary to beat someone that bad.  WVU has forced 30 turnovers so far.

With the score at 72-18 and 10 minutes left, I think we can stop pressing now.   <_<

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I was hoping to go to the Crossroads Classic basketball tournament this weekend, but a hurt finger will keep me home. Notre Dame plays Purdue, IU plays Butler. They're all ranked in the top 20. 

Which team has the player with the hurt finger?