Center channel advice

Futurist

What would be a good center channel match with using RF 82's for my front speakers.. I have heard other people ask what would be a good match when 

putting together a surround sound system...  Does it really matter if i use a Polk or a cheap kilpsch for a center?.. Or would it benefit in some way using a similar type or wattage?

I don't know yet what I want to use for my rear surrounds.. I just got Elac b6's that are pretty nice or I may just pick up some cheap Klipsch rear speakers off of CL's. 

And I'm not going to use a sub because I'm staying in a condo and can't make to much noise.. Right now they sound really good just using the RF 82's for movies.. Without the center channel. 

Is a center channel important?.. I know thats where most of the dialog is heard but its sounds really good without it.. 

The center channel is probably the most important speaker in a home theater setup. It's also a good idea to stay within the same family of speakers, a model up or down won't be as detrimental as using something extremely different in design. 

Speakers within a family are typically voiced similarly to one another, you may notice a difference in output and frequency response is all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RockOn4Klipsch said:

The center channel is probably the most important speaker in a home theater setup. It's also a good idea to stay within the same family of speakers, a model up or down won't be as detrimental as using something extremely different in design. 

Speakers within a family are typically voiced similarly to one another, you may notice a difference in output and frequency response is all.

+1

Another RF82 or an RC62 would work best.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Futurist said:

I never thought of using a RF 82 cool idea!

Like Rockon said, the center is probably the most important speaker for HT. I learned this a while back, (thanks Scrappy) got the best center I could to match my towers, and what a HUGE difference it made. A Klipsch RC52 is also a good speaker for your 82s, and priced well, but the RC62 is a much better speaker, but a little more money, and harder to find.

There's also a mark ll line to the Klipsch Reference line, i.e......RF82ll, RC52ll, RC62ll etc....those would sound slightly different, but would work ok.

• Like 1