WTB Chorus I Are They the Rarest of Heritage Models??

jjptkd

So, I live in the Seattle area and have been keeping an eye out locally for a pair of Chorus 1 speakers for about 18 months now with no luck at all. In that time I've seen one pair of Chorus II's that sold in less than 24 hours. I've also seen about a half dozen Belles, La Scala's and Cornwalls, at least a few Klipschorns and probably a couple dozen forte's and Heresy's. Are the Chorus I & II the rarest of all the Heritage / extended Heritage line? I've seen more vertical Cornwalls than Chorus models and I thought those were the rare ones?

Also, if you happen to be within a reasonable distance from me and have a pair of preferably Chorus I's you'd like to sell I'm interested! I have cash and or a pair of very nice forte II's in medium oak I'd be willing to trade or work out some kind of deal, thanks.

Jesse

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Just a WAG here, but perhaps people just want to keep them?

I assume that's pretty much true straight across the board for the entire Heritage line.

The original Chorus was only made for 3 or 4 years and were in direct competition with the forte and Cornwall II so I'm guessing not that many were made / sold?

The majority of the Heritage line is still in production and have been for over 50 years, I think the Belle even had a longer run than 3 years? 

Don't quote me but i think the Chorus and Chorus II when in production were replacements for the Cornwall.

When i purchased my first set of Chorus II the Belle was still available for special order, its what i was told by the salesman anyways.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Total unit sales is a better measure of rarity than years in production.

32 minutes ago, jason str said:

Don't quote me but i think the Chorus and Chorus II when in production were replacements for the Cornwall.

Yes, understood. According to the Klipsch specs the Cornwall II and original Chorus were produced at the same time, they didn't quit making the Cornwall II until after the Chorus II went into production. Having all three; the forte, Cornwall II and the original Chorus for sale at the same time seems like it would have limited the sale and production of the Chorus model. Of course I imagine that the forte probably cut into Cornwall sales quite a bit when they were introduced as well.

According to my data for the last two months, top sellers in terms of Heritage used sales which has come across my radar:

• La Scala (6 sales)
  • Belle (5)
  • Tie - Heresy, Heresy II, Chorus II (4 each)

There was only a single sale of the Chorus I since October 2016.  Missouri.

15 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

2 pairs for sale near me right now. I see chorus I relatively regularly. The chorus II are the rare beast - even more rare to find them in good shape without busted woofers/radiators.

There was a set of Chorus II's that came up for sale a week or two ago. They were 45 minutes from me. They looked to be in good shape. Price was $500... I should have got them just to get them.... The woofers and pass rads were in good shape....I was thinking what could I tell the wife to justify the purchase. Everyday I would go back to CL and look at em.... Then the day came I checked on them and they were gone.... man I was relieved....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Everyday I would go back to CL and look at em.... Then the day came I checked on them and they were gone.... man I was relieved....

This happens to me just about on a weekly basis with various equipment, no the feeling quite well! :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think they are that rare, people hold onto them because resale price is relatively low. What would you replace them with if you had a pair and got $600 for them? I don't see them selling for a lot more than that. Chorus 2s are 7-800.

I wish I had kept my CF-4s version 1 that I sold for $800, I think. They were GREAT speakers and hard to find, IMO harder to find than most other Klipsch. Unfortunately, I ended up being all Heritage with a little PRO thrown in for the time being.

Although the 1900 stacks in Minneapolis are on EBAY right now with an opening of $3250, BIN $4250. Ending Sunday at 5. Maybe snipe if no action or send him an offer for 3K. Ebay and PP fees will bring him down another $400

Mark

11 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Jesse I thought you had Chorus I and or II's....

Ya just need some more:P

I've got a pair of Chorus I's and an RSW-15 parked at a close friends dads house. Thing is he's grown attached to them and he was one of the guys that got me into stereos when I was a teenager. He's semi retired and has that stereo playing almost 24 hours a day, I really don't have the heart to collect it all back so I think its pretty much on permanent loan.

I sold my Chorus II's and Ultra 2 set shortly after I got married and moved in with the wife, just no room in the new place for such a big stereo. :rolleyes:  I bought a new pair of RB-81 II's for the move and they have slowly evolved into forte II's some how over time.. :lol: 

• Like 1

This is from a spreadsheet I complied.  I think the CF series is the rarest. 

Mahogany finish is one of the rarest of the standard finished.  Walnut is my next favorite.

Speaker Date Start Date Stop
KLF-10 1997 2001
KLF-20 1996 2001
KLF-30 1996 2001
KLF-C7 1997 2001

KG .5 1994 1997
KG 1 1990 1992
KG 1.2 1992 1994
KG 1.2V 1992 1994
KG 1.5 1994 1997
KG 2 1982 1992
KG 2.2 1992 1994
KG 2.2V 1992 1994
KG 3 1990 1992
KG 3.2 1992 1994
KG 3.5 1994 1997
KG 4 1985 1992
KG 4.2 1992 1994
KG 4.5 1994 1997
KG 5.2 1992 1994
KG 5.5 1994 1997

KV-1 1993 1998
KV-2 1993 1997
KV-3 1993 1997
KV-4 1996 1997

CF-1 1994 1996
CF-2 1994 1996
CF-3 1994 1996
CF-4 1994 1996

RF 7 2001 2006
RF-7 II 2010 present
RF-83 2006 2009
RF-63 2006 2009
RC-64 2006 2009
RC-64 II 2010 present

academy 1992 1994

Quartet 1989 1996
Forte 1985 1989
Forte II 1989 1996
Chorus 1987 1990
Chorus II 1990 1996

Heresy 1957 1985
Heresy II 1985 2005
Heresy III 2006 present
Cornwall 1959 1985
CornWall II 1986 1990
Cornwall III 2006 present
La Scala 1963 2005
La Scala II 2006 present
Belle 1971 2005
Klipschorn 1946 present

KP-301 2001 2004
KP-201 2001 2004
KSW-200 1996 1998
F-1500    
JBL L65    
Shorthorn 1956 1965
KSP-C6 1997 1999
KSB-S1 1997 1999
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I've got a pair of Chorus I's and an RSW-15 parked at a close friends dads house. Thing is he's grown attached to them and he was one of the guys that got me into stereos when I was a teenager. He's semi retired and has that stereo playing almost 24 hours a day, I really don't have the heart to collect it all back so I think its pretty much on permanent loan.

I sold my Chorus II's and Ultra 2 set shortly after I got married and moved in with the wife, just no room in the new place for such a big stereo. :rolleyes:  I bought a new pair of RB-81 II's for the move and they have slowly evolved into forte II's some how over time.. :lol: 

I understand what your saying.... Your a good man for allowing your friend to keep the Chorus set-up. 

Couple years back I lent one of my buds (the used car guy next to my shop) a set of KP-362's two Carver amps and a Adcom Pre-amp for his outside pool area. He had my gear the whole summer ... I told him I'll find you a nice set-up for your pool area. So I tracked down a set of EVi's and a nice little Crown amp and all the accessories to have a nice little Pro-setup . I set everything up at my shop so he could check it out. Man they sounded great... I wanted $950 for the package... yea I was making a couple bones off the deal. Hey this guy has a bunch of coin..... Well he kept blowing me off about the deal.... So I'm like dude bring my gear back!! So he did.

Now I use the EV's on my deck I had built....man I love em, so does my wife... Now this past summer he had a big party at his house/pool and he asked me to bring some gear over. So I brought over the EV's and Crown set-up. Man it was sounding good a few of his guests commented on the music. At the end of the night he asks me "how much do you want for this stuff?" My response was "ahhh your chitt-outta-luck cuz this is my deck system now!!" lol lol ...... yea he's a bud of mine but he's one of those guys you gotta kinda keep and eye on, ya know what I'm saying....

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jjptkd said:

This happens to me just about on a weekly basis with various equipment, no the feeling quite well! :lol:

17 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I knew I wasn't the only one that did this..... we are sick lol lol...

Me too.

Wonder what % of us, who have 'almost' enough, search regularly/constantly? 

• Like 1