Not a Klipsch ? but they don't make 5.1 with eq

Futurist

I'm surprised I can't find a new receiver with a bass and treble knob!?... I guess because home theater has taken over?.. 

I would never use a flat receiver because I don't use a sub.. My Klipsch have more than enough bass and my Yamaha even has a Bass extension..

It's looks like I have to buy a 5-8 yr old receiver to replace what I have now?

I have no idea where you're looking.  Every stereo receiver I've seen has a bass and treble knob, and every HTR that I've seen has the treble and bass adjustments available in the menus.  Not to mention that a lot of them have an adjustable EQ from 50Hz up to 18kHz...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

I have no idea where you're looking.  Every stereo receiver I've seen has a bass and treble knob, and every HTR that I've seen has the treble and bass adjustments available in the menus.  Not to mention that a lot of them have an adjustable EQ from 50Hz up to 18kHz...

Oh thank god!.. Cool because when I was looking they don't have the round knobs on any new ones... I was in a store and was looking at a Denon and the guy said there wasn't a EQ.

But I haven't got to try anything out in 7 yrs.. But online they don't seem to make knobs you can twist for 5.1's only 2 channel.. i guess they call it tone control and you have to go into a menu.. And did away with the knobs like these.

s-l1600.jpg

Every single Yamaha still has this, it's just in a menu now.  Same with Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, all of them. All of the Yamaha Aventage Line have 10 band EQ at least, and at least on the In-Command Denon's (don't know of the rest) all have 10 Band EQ's as well, plus Audessey.  If it has a port for a mic, it has a multi-band EQ.  If it exists, it has treble and bass adjustments.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Every single Yamaha still has this, it's just in a menu now.  Same with Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, all of them. All of the Yamaha Aventage Line have 10 band EQ at least, and at least on the In-Command Denon's (don't know of the rest) all have 10 Band EQ's as well, plus Audessey.  If it has a port for a mic, it has a multi-band EQ.  If it exists, it has treble and bass adjustments.

Cool... That guy scared the crap out me.. Because I didn't see how to adjust the EQ. And he said that's how they make them now.