Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

I purchased new Khorns back in 2005 or 2006.  I was in the process of moving to the pacific northwest and used a Klipsch referred dealer that served the arena.  The speakers took time to build and they were delivered to the dealer, who delivered them to me and set them up (against my wishes BTW).  As I recall the time frame was around 90 days or longer.  I did not feel compelled to have any discourse with Klipsch directly about the purchase nor the time frames.  I was advised in advance of the need to build the units.  Anyway..........  I bought them...........  they got delivered and I went about putzing with them and I am listening to the end results as I write.  They were not my 1st pair.  

Granted you should be able to track an order better then you have indicated.  Unsure if it is your dealer or Klipsch as the Klipsch people have changed hands since my purchase.  Hope it all works out as you plan. 

1 hour ago, oscarsear said:

I purchased new Khorns back in 2005 or 2006.  I was in the process of moving to the pacific northwest and used a Klipsch referred dealer that served the arena.  The speakers took time to build and they were delivered to the dealer, who delivered them to me and set them up (against my wishes BTW).  As I recall the time frame was around 90 days or longer.  I did not feel compelled to have any discourse with Klipsch directly about the purchase nor the time frames.  I was advised in advance of the need to build the units.  Anyway..........  I bought them...........  they got delivered and I went about putzing with them and I am listening to the end results as I write.  They were not my 1st pair.  

Granted you should be able to track an order better then you have indicated.  Unsure if it is your dealer or Klipsch as the Klipsch people have changed hands since my purchase.  Hope it all works out as you plan. 

The dealer setting them up===is that normal procedure? You know removing the box and setting them in place? Or were they shipped with the top hats separated from the bass bin like mine were.?

JJK

1 hour ago, oscarsear said:

I was advised in advance of the need to build the units.  Anyway..........  I bought them...........  they got delivered and I went about putzing with them and I am listening to the end results as I write.  

Fair enough if you were given a time frame in advance, and you were informed they were being built, not just sitting on a shipping dock somewhere.

I would not be happy if I ordered them, they were late in delivery, and when I asked where they were, the answer was "I dunno."

33 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Congrats Aaron, I hope they arrive soon. Are you keeping your La Scalas?

Ya, I can't get rid of those. I think I'm just keeping it all honestly. Whatever I decide to use as my rears whether it be the La Scala's or the Chorus's I am just going to store the other ones in my storage room most likely. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:
56 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Congrats Aaron, I hope they arrive soon. Are you keeping your La Scalas?

Ya, I can't get rid of those. I think I'm just keeping it all honestly. Whatever I decide to use as my rears whether it be the La Scala's or the Chorus's I am just going to store the other ones in my storage room most likely. 

My Man:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Get the Hoard going:D

Since my youngest moved out the 1st of this year... all the extra gear is stored in her old room...

MKP :-)

IMG_20161126_153523.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

My Man:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Get the Hoard going:D

Since my youngest moved out the 1st of this year... all the extra gear is stored in her old room...

Ya, a huge reason I don't want to let any of my gear go is the condition it is in, especially the La Scala's I couldn't have asked for a better pair they are pretty much mint. Not to mention the guy that sold them to me was a huge Klipsch fan and was really upset that he had to sell them. I told him I'd never get rid of them and thats a promise I intend to keep. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Good, you're going to have a very nice HT with either of those two as rears. Will you use a Heritage speaker as a center? Still have the RC64ll?

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The dealer setting them up===is that normal procedure? You know removing the box and setting them in place? Or were they shipped with the top hats separated from the bass bin like mine were.?

JJK

They were shipped to the dealer whom in turn delivered the boxed units to me whereupon they unboxed and set them up where I told them to place them.  I would rather they were shipped direct.  The 2005 build was not as good as the 1983 build.  

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome pic....is that a stack of Carver amps?

Thanks... 

The three amps on top of the EV's are Just some Crown CE-1000's.....

The amps on the bottom of the pic sitting on Dayton sub are. Adcom 555II and another Crown CE-1010..

And then ya got the lonely little Adcom GFA-1 sitting on the ChorusII..... poor little guy, he's broke:sad:

The stack of Carver's are in the living room..... the Carver's don't get stored very often :D

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:31 AM, JJkizak said:

I was told they do not stock K-horns but make them when they receive the order.

JJK

I love it when dealers tell me that about Heritage. When they do, I immediately look them in the eye and TELL them that Klipsch doesn't give a rat's behind whether the order they get is for a customer or not (i.e. - for a dealer's floor display). All the factory knows is they have an order to be filled. Which tells the dealer they are more than willing to keep the mark-up dollars on an item that is drop shipped to the customer without ever having them in their store with their own people having mess with them (except paperwork).

On 12/2/2016 at 10:25 PM, AaronB123 said:

Well the dealer gave me the order number and I have contacted him, he says he contacted them multiple times and pretty much says the same thing I say which is no one really know's whats going on and they are impossible to get a hold of half the time. In all honesty though at this point I think it's more in Klipsch's hands than his. He placed the order, and anything after that is up to Klipsch. 

Well Aaron, must say  you are one patient individual.

And what is this waiting for the truck to be full nonsense. This a $10K speaker we're talking about that should be put on a pallet and given to Fedex/UPS to deliver.

Call that dealer of yours and insist that if you dont hear back from him on when you will receive those 10K speakers (I'm sure he's making a healthy commission on) you will cancel the order. Period.

:) No, nobody's waiting on the truck to be full, I can guarantee you that.  These would have shipped from Hope.  I order stuff from there regularly, it's just a non-issue.  IF they are in stock, they usually ship the same day IF the order is placed early enough in the day.  Worst case it goes out the next day.  They don't really screw around over there, it's always very professional.  

Most likely the only question at all is whether they are in stock.  The only hiccup that ever occurs is that the stock levels on the dealer site isn't always accurate.  Sometimes it will say out of stock but you call and there's 30 of them ready to go.  Sometimes it's the other way around.  If a heritage model is out of stock, you have to wait until they build them, which could potentially be awhile depending on what it is, like I've literally been told it could be two months before.  But, the order may have been placed without checking the stock levels, who knows, I can't speculate.  

Luckily though it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on.  Don't call the consumer number yourself, they're not going to know anything.  Dealers can call the 800 number and use the dealer option then check on the status of a finished goods order, and if they can't get through, there's an email you can write to and get an answer pretty quickly.  There are at least two girls that handle those inquiries and they have always been super helpful, typically email inquiries are seen by a team and SOMEBODY will get you an answer, fast.  With these options I can't imagine that two weeks have passed and nobody knows what's going on.  Ask your guy to email them and his rep.  His rep can find out REAL quick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

:) No, nobody's waiting on the truck to be full, I can guarantee you that.  These would have shipped from Hope.  I order stuff from there regularly, it's just a non-issue.  IF they are in stock, they usually ship the same day IF the order is placed early enough in the day.  Worst case it goes out the next day.  They don't really screw around over there, it's always very professional.  

Most likely the only question at all is whether they are in stock.  The only hiccup that ever occurs is that the stock levels on the dealer site isn't always accurate.  Sometimes it will say out of stock but you call and there's 30 of them ready to go.  Sometimes it's the other way around.  If a heritage model is out of stock, you have to wait until they build them, which could potentially be awhile depending on what it is, like I've literally been told it could be two months before.  But, the order may have been placed without checking the stock levels, who knows, I can't speculate.  

Luckily though it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on.  Don't call the consumer number yourself, they're not going to know anything.  Dealers can call the 800 number and use the dealer option then check on the status of a finished goods order, and if they can't get through, there's an email you can write to and get an answer pretty quickly.  There are at least two girls that handle those inquiries and they have always been super helpful, typically email inquiries are seen by a team and SOMEBODY will get you an answer, fast.  With these options I can't imagine that two weeks have passed and nobody knows what's going on.  Ask your guy to email them and his rep.  His rep can find out REAL quick.  

Ya, he says he emailed them and they haven't gotten back to him. When I called 2 weeks ago I actually got someone that was very nice and called the warehouse in hope and they told me the speakers were finished, boxed up and ready to go. Since then though I haven't been able to get anyone that know's what is going on. Hopefully I will get some answers today. My dealer told me he is going to look into it today and see what's going on. I'm also waiting to be called back by them right now. Seems like the holiday season has left them extremely busy. This is the first time I have called them and been told there are like 30 people ahead of me and I had to request a call back. 

Alright so I spoke with Klipsch and have to say I am pretty upset with what they told me. I guess the card the dealer used was declined and they did have a pair for me ready to go but now since they had to get a hold of the dealer and get a new card that pair they had was sold and now I am looking at about a 2 month wait for them to build me new ones. I am pretty sure I am just going to cancel from the dealer and find another way to get them. Honestly I really wouldn't even care if it wasnt for the fact that now they have to build a whole NEW PAIR that will take about 2 months! 

How many people here would cancel the order and ask for a refund? Let's take a poll!