Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Well, outstanding, Aaron!

You did it your way and picked up some speakers any one of us here would love to have.

Make sure you have a camera crew standing by for the unboxing.  A full blown Youtube vid with some demo tunes would be appropriate for the occasion allowing your Forum Friends to live vicariously though you, at least for a while.  :cool:

+++

Hey, I'm not kidding!  Some of those unboxing vids get millions of views!  If you monetize it It might even pay for your Khorns!

Look at this idiot unboxing a couple of Iphone 7's in different colors.  Almost 8 million views!

Here is a cool RF-7 unboxing vid.  I know you can beat this one.  B)

Believe it or not the guy doing the iPhone unboxing video is one of my favorite tech reviewers. I'm actually really big into tech and often watch his reviews before buying products. 

2 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

I will say the dealer already gave me a refund of about 75% of what I paid, said it would take a couple weeks for the rest which I guess isn't the biggest deal. He said he needs to wait until he gets the full refund from Klipsch before he can give me the rest which I guess is understandable. Truthfully I didn't even expect him to give me any of the refund until he got his money back from Klipsch.

I thought their card was declined?!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

I thought their card was declined?!

It was but then he used a different card and the payment went through. That's why I never even mentioned the card in the first place because I thought it was an issue that had been resolved but apparently speaking with Klipsch they say that's why they gave my pair away because when putting in a new card they created a second order and cancelled the first one which I guess left the speakers they built me up for grabs.

53 minutes ago, richieb said:

Hey Aaron - Alert

Since you were/are looking for new KHorns a new ad just popped up on AudioGon - dealer demo 70th Anniversary in MN

- $12,500. Betting they can be had for less - 

May be just what you are looking for -- ?

There is also a 2 year old pair for $5500.  Also an auction on a 6 month old pair in Utah. 

You tried, I would not pursue another new pair after this run around with your dealer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

NICE!

MKP :-)

Yup I cant wait, and not only that but the 70th anniversary ones have the closed back, or at least that's what they say in the description and show in the pictures so it says the whole corner placement thing isn't as big of an issue with these which was a concern of mine as I made a thread a while back about how one of the corners in my theater room has a pipe coming out that would make it impossible to put them right in the corner. 

• Like 1

That's awfully nice of you to float the dealer a loan. He needs to get his story str8, 1st his card is declined, then a 2nd card is good but your speakers were sold to someone else. You can get the other 25% back when Klipsch refunds the money? As soon as I issue a refund to someone's credit card, they have the money back the next day. How long can it possibly take before Klipsch can process the refund?

Mark

1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

That's awfully nice of you to float the dealer a loan. He needs to get his story str8, 1st his card is declined, then a 2nd card is good but your speakers were sold to someone else. You can get the other 25% back when Klipsch refunds the money? As soon as I issue a refund to someone's credit card, they have the money back the next day. How long can it possibly take before Klipsch can process the refund?

Mark

Ya, he actually just contacted me and said he finally got through with someone at Klipsch and we suspected they did give the original speakers to another buyer but did start production on the second pair and said 4-6 weeks turnaround. I told him to just go ahead and cancel it, the 70th anniversary were the ones I wanted in the first place, I just decided to go that route to save some money but we see how that turned out. 

I did get the email from paypal that he sent me the partial refund so that should be on my card by tomorrow I am guessing. According to him, the rest of the money that he hasn't refunded yet was his profit so I am assuming what happened with that is he already spent it and he is going to need some time to get it back to refund me the rest. 

3 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

I did get the email from paypal that he sent me the partial refund so that should be on my card by tomorrow I am guessing. According to him, the rest of the money that he hasn't refunded yet was his profit so I am assuming what happened with that is he already spent it and he is going to need some time to get it back to refund me the rest. 

Tell him to put it on his card. It's your money, not his to hold onto.

• Like 1

Just now, mungkiman said:

Tell him to put it on his card. It's your money, not his to hold onto.

Ya, I was actually wondering if I should make a stink about the waiting for the remainder of the refund but I mean as I said he has been very nice about the whole thing so far. 

Just now, AaronB123 said:

Ya, I was actually wondering if I should make a stink about the waiting for the remainder of the refund but I mean as I said he has been very nice about the whole thing so far. 

Being nice doesn't mean you should accept being out your money for an undisclosed period of time. Me? I wouldn't make a stink unless he can't reimburse in full and right now. Everything that has transpired has been his fault. Don't make him keeping the money your fault.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, Aaron, but I would RAISE HELL to get your money back, IMMEDIATELY.  And if you register your dispute with Discover, you don't even have to raise hell.  They were super nice with, very professional, and I got all my money back right away.

Whatever his story is, whether or not he spent your profit, NOT YOUR PROBLEM.  I would take this to your credit card company immediately and get your money back (which they will do). 

I recently disputed a charge (not paypal) on an on-line transaction where I paid but the vendor jerked me around on why he would not ship.  Right after I started the dispute, Discover promptly put money back into my account.  The vendor then took things up with Discover.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Paypal? To a Klipsch dealer? Sorry I am paranoid.

Ya, he definitely had me pay through paypal. The whole thing seemed a little weird to me which was why right after I ordered with him I called up Klipsch to see if it was an actual legit transaction and they did get the order and knew exactly what I was talking about so I thought it was going to go smooth but I guess not. That was the first time I called, second time was a completely different story which was when the whole credit card decline thing came up. 

Just now, USNRET said:

Hope that all is working out. Speaking of Hope, perhaps we can see you next spring and under the influence of Carl's Martoonie hospitality we can raise a toast and laugh about this.

You know something, I am from CT but I was actually thinking of taking a road trip and going to tell you the truth! How many here are going?

3 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

You know something, I am from CT but I was actually thinking of taking a road trip and going to tell you the truth! How many here are going?

No head count yet but 50 to 100 wouldn't surprise me the way it's grown the last 3 years.

• Like 1