Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

^^^ I'd be careful not to be pressured to deal further with the dealer who blew it and now wants you to take a financial hit for his mistake. If money's that tight for him maybe he should do something else for a living that doesn't require working capital. It certainly seems to be his problem, not yours. ^^^

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

and I called Klipsch and they did confirm the order went through and all that.

Now the dealer is getting mad at me saying I should have not called Klipsch to check the order status of the speakers I just spent thousand's of dollars on basically saying the situation is my fault.

If I hadn't called no one would have ever known about the credit card issue.

The dealer is saying "the situation is my fault..."   What???

I was leaning towards giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt, but now it clearly looks like you are getting jerked around, it may potentially cost you thousands of dollars, and the dealer is blaming the customer?

Klipsch, Inc needs to look into the circumstances of this transaction.  It's a terrible looking black eye for Klipsch.

34 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Aaron, don't second guess yourself.  As a consumer you did nothing wrong.  I had a similar experience when I ordered a Harley once after putting down a cash deposit.  I ended up having to call the factory to check on the order as I got the run around from the dealer.  I even had to get an attorney involved.  If your dealer took care of their business and answered your questions honestly and in a timely manner, you would never have had to call.

+1 to that

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The dealer is saying "the situation is my fault..."   What???

I was leaning towards giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt, but now it clearly looks like you are getting jerked around, it may potentially cost you thousands of dollars, and the dealer is blaming the customer?

Klipsch, Inc needs to look into the circumstances of this transaction.  It's a terrible looking black eye for Klipsch.

Ya, honestly I was continuously trying to give him the benefit of the doubt too untill he started blaming me for this and basically telling me to stay out of the business between him and Klipsch. I really don't blame Klipsch for this but having said that I will say that their customer service seems to be absolutely terrible. Every time I call them I got a different explanation as to what was going on and when the people I talked to said they would call down to the Hope building plant and then get back to me 90% of the time they did not. 

I did speak to one guy when I called who was very helpful, though I did not get his name, but he actually  put me on hold and personally called the building plant in Hope, AK and that's when I found out about the credit card business but other than that none of them seemed to know what was going on. I will say though even with saying all that, had it not been for the dealers credit card declining the speakers would surely have been shipped to me after they were finished being built instead of the order getting cancelled and I guarantee I would have them by now. 

49 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

^^^ I'd be careful not to be pressured to deal further with the dealer who blew it and now wants you to take a financial hit for his mistake. If money's that tight for him maybe he should do something else for a living that doesn't require working capital. It certainly seems to be his problem, not yours. ^^^

YES, this is what I have been thinking this whole time! When your running a business like that you need to have enough money in the bank to be able to refund people if necessary! 

1 hour ago, AaronB123 said:

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters I know your a dealer. Would you take offense to someone calling to check on an order if it was something as high priced as a pair of Klipschorns?

The only thing that offends me in this business is missing sales. ;)  

On a serious note, since you asked... I for one have enough pride of work and respect for nervous customers that I try to not let stuff get to the point where they feel the need to do such things.  Speaker people are actually usually surprisingly cool about it.  I also sell utility trailers though, I've sold thousands of them over 15 years, so I'll share that experience.  For most people a $2,000 trailer is a pretty big purchase and they are often nervous when it comes to custom orders when they've never met me or seen the products in person.  If I don't have good answers, can't get the ones I don't know quickly, can't reassure them that everything is cool, and otherwise simply can't serve as a liaison between a factory and end customer on a custom order, then I don't have a job.  You're basically asking whether I'd be offended if a customer did my job for me.  Well that's hard to answer. :)  I'm aggressive about getting answers to the point of annoying people higher up in the food chain, so no I can't imagine being in this situation in the first place.  

• Like 2

Just now, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

...   I'm aggressive about getting answers to the point of annoying people higher up in the food chain...

especially if I am a customer!  it's not uncommon for me to have to call up a vendor, manufacturer or some such & file a warranty claim.  and boy let me tell you, if they don't live up to their warranty service window of time etc (what we call SLA - Service Level Agreement) boy I give them an earful.  I have to be careful because my reaction is to let the profanities fly because that's how much I want them to know I am upset that they are holding up my customers/users, but that doesn't usually work with them.  so I have to keep it clean & still let them know I am one highly upset customer.  (I've had office mates from neighboring offices who have overheard my irate rants at these guys saying how much they would like me to advocate for them if they have to make such calls.

internet service outages, delayed warranty service calls - you name it.  I've paid for a given service or product, and by golly I want what I paid for!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AaronB123 said:

YES, this is what I have been thinking this whole time! When your running a business like that you need to have enough money in the bank to be able to refund people if necessary! 

My wife is an attorney and they have an interesting solution for preventing that.  Basically to be in the bar association and therefore practice, you have to have a separate client trust fund.  You get paid up front, funds go into this account, and they are frozen.  Funds can only be removed after the work is totally complete and you'll be disbarred if you don't adhere to these rules.  And that's why you'll never hear of an attorney dealing with a problem like this. :)  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

And that's why you'll never hear of an attorney dealing with a problem like this

...and yet 2 weeks ago on the,uh, panel I am on heard of it happening with an attorney

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

My wife is an attorney and they have an interesting solution for preventing that.  Basically to be in the bar association and therefore practice, you have to have a separate client trust fund.  You get paid up front, funds go into this account, and they are frozen.  Funds can only be removed after the work is totally complete and you'll be disbarred if you don't adhere to these rules.  And that's why you'll never hear of an attorney dealing with a problem like this. :)  

Yup see that's a good way to do business! Kind of like eBay with new sellers when you get paid you can't touch the money for like 2 months just to make sure the customer is completely satisfied with the product. Even when I sell items on craigslist or swappa (website for buying and selling used cell phones) I always hold on to the fund's until a couple days after the customer receives the product and leaves me a positive review! 

5 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Well that sucks.....Got 2 more days this week maybe get lucky and get them on Friday. Did you ever get all the problems solved with the other guy?

I'm still working with the bank but they seem to be very helpful and seem to think it shouldn't be a big deal getting the money back. 

• Like 1

That's some good news then. If they deliver the Ks to your house you need some extra help to get them off the truck. They will be in 4 boxes but I bet they are heavy and awkward. Look boxes over before you even take them off truck make sure no damage. They hire idiots to drive fork lifts usually. I have trained many of them,,lol   some got better some got fired.