WTB La Scalas or Cornwalls

Sky Hits

I have  a pair of cornwalls and a pair of La Scalca that I am putting up for sale. The cornwalls have new crossovers in them. Both pair look very nice. and sound great. They are both walnut. I will take $1200.00 for either pair.  I live in Alabama about 30 minutes from Mobile, just off I-10.  I am headed out of town today for work but will return next Thursday.

Ph Two51  Two13  One388

1 hour ago, staygroovybaby said:

I have  a pair of cornwalls and a pair of La Scalca that I am putting up for sale. The cornwalls have new crossovers in them. Both pair look very nice. and sound great. They are both walnut. I will take $1200.00 for either pair.  I live in Alabama about 30 minutes from Mobile, just off I-10.  I am headed out of town today for work but will return next Thursday.

Ph Two51  Two13  One388

Thank you that's awesome I will call you. 

17 hours ago, Sky Hits said:

Hello all,

I am interested in buying La Scalas or Cornwalls. I live in New Orleans and can drive to you. I have Heresy IIs which I can use in trade plus cash if you are interested in them. Thanks for your attention, good sound to all!

I have a nice pair of updated La Scalas, but am wayyy too far north. I still had to post, though, to tell you I like your avatar. The King!

19 hours ago, staygroovybaby said:

Ph Two51  Two13  One388

I wish I hadn't seen this post! LOL ... I'm in Montgomery, AL.  I don't think my wife would approve. :P

41 minutes ago, BamaMike said:

I wish I hadn't seen this post! LOL ... I'm in Montgomery, AL.  I don't think my wife would approve. :P

Odd how things work, Temptation for example.  I do a lot of work in Montgomery on the military bases.  And Jimi Hendrix through these speakers make you feel like your on another planet, as for your wife just tell her you got them for her Christmas present. You may have to sleep in the living room on the couch for a while but at least you will be where the speakers are.   All BS aside, enjoy your life, wife, music & all around you.   Best wishes to both of you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staygroovybaby said:

Odd how things work, Temptation for example.  I do a lot of work in Montgomery on the military bases.  And Jimi Hendrix through these speakers make you feel like your on another planet, as for your wife just tell her you got them for her Christmas present. You may have to sleep in the living room on the couch for a while but at least you will be where the speakers are.   All BS aside, enjoy your life, wife, music & all around you.   Best wishes to both of you.

Well... I sold her on the first pair. We restored a pair of Heresies and we both love them (currently in use in the living room) so when a pair of La Scalas came along, she was all in ... mostly. Once she heard them, it was a done deal. :D

9 minutes ago, BamaMike said:

Well... I sold her on the first pair. We restored a pair of Heresies and we both love them (currently in use in the living room) so when a pair of La Scalas came along, she was all in ... mostly. Once she heard them, it was a done deal. :D

Count your many blessings.  My wife is not at all impressed with my high end stereo stuff.  She doesn't like those big, boxy speakers.  When I was working on my Hersey II's last week, she remarked "Why don't you just get a pair of little Bose speakers?  They're easier to handle....".  The resulting heart attack rendered me helpless for several hours.  I have since recovered, but life at home may never be the same.  But I'll forgive her......

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cohoangler said:

Count your many blessings.  My wife is not at all impressed with my high end stereo stuff.  She doesn't like those big, boxy speakers.  When I was working on my Hersey II's last week, she remarked "Why don't you just get a pair of little Bose speakers?  They're easier to handle....".  The resulting heart attack rendered me helpless for several hours.  I have since recovered, but life at home may never be the same.  But I'll forgive her......

LOL!!

Well my penchant for coming home with wayward vintage receivers and less than beautiful speakers and assorted equipment keeps me in the dog house. I did recently score a very nice Sony pro-audio enclosed stereo rack and complete Klipsch HT speakers including KG5.5 for $100... she does recognize a deal when it comes along. The Klipsch center channel replaced my tiny little Polk with stellar results. Again... she hears the difference so I've got that going for me... which is nice.