Where I have been - "in space" sort of...

mustang guy

How has everybody been? I have missed you all! I will doing some catching up with you all today.

I'm sorry I dropped off the planet on ya. I discovered a space exploration video game of all things. Ironic, since in a way I did drop off the planet..... :) I never was much of a gamer before now, but I've always loved space and sci-fi. The game I have been playing is Star Citizen. It is a crowd funded space game ($138 million) that is still in it's infancy, and yet more enjoyable and real than any sci-fi game I have ever seen. 

Here is the website for the game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/. If you like it and decide to join, use my referral code and you will get 5,000 UEC (what they call money). My referral code it:  STAR-G55K-CWXN  Be warned, this is almost as bad as Klipsch when it comes to a bottomless pit. It is very easy to get sucked into spending....... I am dead serious!

I joined an organization called Aces High. http://aceshi.org/ is their website. Interestingly, the team is made up of about the same type folks as hang our here. A bunch of scientists, engineers and other types of nerds. :)  Our leader is a lovely lady called Breezy. In real life, she is a Senior Controls and Automation Engineer for Universal Studios. 

Does anybody here have Star Citizen? Did any of you play Wing Commander back in the olden days? Chris Roberts, who is making this, was the guy who published that game. Technology is giving him the opportunity to create the game he always wanted Wing Commander to be.

6 hours ago, mustang guy said:

Here is the website for the game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.

Oh my..... I just checked that out... looks awesome. 

Now I'm not a gamer but something similar happened to me about a year ago... I stumbled on this City Building game. I got hooked on it.... In the morning I would start building my city instead of checking in on the forum.... at the shop I would be playing the dumb game..... My wife (AKA) The BOSS would yell at me and tell me to put the tablet down... I was down loading other games just to get the "free" gold bars for The City Builder game... Oh it was bad..... was ready for rehab..... then the cheap tablet broke.... I was free...

Glad ya made it back from space......

MKP :-)

8 hours ago, mustang guy said:

How has everybody been? I have missed you all! I will doing some catching up with you all today.

If you are not in Colorado, Washington, or a few other states...and even if you are, PUT DOWN THE BONG.  We are, and have been, fine.  We will not click on the links so as to find ourselves in pods awakening to a new world. 

We've been here quite a while.:P

Dave