W

Axz Hout

• 9 months later...
On 12/6/2016 at 7:44 PM, mach-1 said:

OK  we all love Amy and Klipsch.  Given as we are here.  time/space.............

toilet rim out look......

1974  wages were  $2.00/2.10 hour  =  My first Klipsch-- free shipping  $525.....LaScala  nice but the tweeter blew the first day? 

But the new LaScala  is  made with some poison MDF panels ? and useless woofer motor and cost way more than $500 ?

the big rim  is circling

No human making minimum  wages at  25 years of age  today  is considering a new single Hope made/free shipping center channel hand rubbed LaScala.

The Inflation Calculator

What cost $2.10 in 1974 would cost $10.38 in 2016.

Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2016 and 1974,
they would cost you $2.10 and $0.39 respectively.

Do you want to do another calculation?

My 26-y.o. is making ~$14/hr, but sound to him is earphones. 

The Inflation Calculator

What cost $525 in 1974 would cost $2595.69 in 2016.

they would cost you $525 and $97.41 respectively.

As best I remember, the last La Scalas in plywood were ~$2500 each with AL-4 crossovers, maybe less with dealer discounts.  The new ones with $$$ veneered mdf are more, but they replace Belles, beautifully.  

Minimum wage has not kept up, but few really make minimum wage.  It is not intended to be nor ever was a living wage.  It is a foot in the door, learn to work wage. 

Klipsch have always been expensive. Still are.  But not as much more expensive as you thought. 

• Thanks 1

I remember a few im’s from Amy. She was {is} a very nice lady and I enjoyed chatting with her
And the Words. In the toilet is how I feel about klipsch now
I have talk to a few engineers in person that worked for klipsch before and after the passing of the late and great P W Klipsch. And they all agree that after the buyout that things started to go down hill. These guys were the ones who help and worked in the department that designed the crossovers for the new line of speakers coming out. I got a set of headphones from klipsch. From the website. They need repair but now I see them on sale all the time and it will cost new more in shipping. It will be cheaper to just buy a new set. Very said I’m sorry to say this, but I doubt that I will ever buy any of the newer line of speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Very said I’m sorry to say this, but I doubt that I will ever buy any of the newer line of speakers

Then you'd be missing out.  The new Forte 3's are incredible sounding as are a lot of the KI line.  Yes, they're pricey but the sound is spectacular.  The RP lines are much less expensive and are a tremendous bang for the buck speaker.

• Like 1

Klipsch is not the first and will certainly not be the last company to change products, marketing and manufacturing after change of ownership and/or leadership at the top. And after this change in direction long time employees are generally not happy with new vision, managers, etc. leading to negative statements about the company they once loved. None of this breaks new ground. To compete and stay relevant in the "new world" economy Klipsch had no choice but to look to big box store products manufactured overseas for without this cash flow I find it doubtful the company would exist today. 

• Like 1

I understand that and think as you do on that. But I feel they are losing out on that one on one thing they used to have And the quality of things are going down. Like when they first started with the cooper spun drivers, out of every 100 drivers that were made only about 40% pass quality control, and now that number has gone up but the quality as not changed in the way the drivers are made. And as for the subs, come on. These things used to last 10 or 15 years before the amps went bad, now your lucky if the amps last one day past the warranty expired
Please don’t get me wrong, I live , eat , and breathe klipsch. I have and will still drive 1000 miles for a set of klipsch speakers that I want, My wife is the best about entertaining my passion with my audio fever. She will not let me sell the very first set of heresy I speakers that I got when we first got together, her rule is I can sell any of my audio gear but those babies are off limits. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2017 at 11:55 AM, John Albright said:

The Inflation Calculator

What cost $2.10 in 1974 would cost $10.38 in 2016.

they would cost you $2.10 and $0.39 respectively.

My 26-y.o. is making ~$14/hr, but sound to him is earphones. 

The Inflation Calculator

What cost $525 in 1974 would cost $2595.69 in 2016.

they would cost you $525 and $97.41 respectively.

As best I remember, the last La Scalas in plywood were ~$2500 each with AL-4 crossovers, maybe less with dealer discounts.  The new ones with $$$ veneered mdf are more, but they replace Belles, beautifully.  

Minimum wage has not kept up, but few really make minimum wage.  It is not intended to be nor ever was a living wage.  It is a foot in the door, learn to work wage. 

Klipsch have always been expensive. Still are.  But not as much more expensive as you thought. 

“By living wages, I mean more than a bare subsistence level — I mean the wages of a decent living.” (1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act) FDR, in creation of the Federal Minimum Wage.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Amy said:

Still hanging in! We're actually working on an audio project now....back to my roots :) 

Great.  I want to send one to my grand-niece.  What's the best way to buy one, your site, Amazon, etc.?  What is the best configuration for a toddler?

Best to you and your son.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Great.  I want to send one to my grand-niece.  What's the best way to buy one, your site, Amazon, etc.?  What is the best configuration for a toddler?

Best to you and your son.

Aw, thank you so much! Direct on our site helps us the most (margins and such): http://www.edwintheduck.com/purchase/edwin-the-duck

There's only one configuration at the moment, 3 apps. Depending on her age, you may just find the Edwin for Baby app useful with bedtime and bath time features, and the Edwin the Duck and Edwin for Preschool apps more useful as she gets a bit older. 

• Like 1