Someone is offering $350 for my 12 year old Klipsch RF-5 pair

bommai

Is $350 too low?  It is in good shape.  Some cosmetic nicks and scratches.  I was going to sell them if I get a decent price.  Not sure if $350 is a decent price or not.  I did not get any other offers from craigslist.  I am in Melbourne, FL about 60 miles from Orlando.  I upgraded my theater room with JBL 590 towers and wanted to sell my RF-5.  I kept them downstairs in the living room system and they sounded great.  But I thought of downgrading the living room a little and bought Sony Core bookshelves and center as replacement.  We will defintely miss the Klipsch.

19 minutes ago, bommai said:

Is $350 too low?  It is in good shape.  Some cosmetic nicks and scratches.  I was going to sell them if I get a decent price.  Not sure if $350 is a decent price or not.  I did not get any other offers from craigslist.  I am in Melbourne, FL about 60 miles from Orlando.  I upgraded my theater room with JBL 590 towers and wanted to sell my RF-5.  I kept them downstairs in the living room system and they sounded great.  But I thought of downgrading the living room a little and bought Sony Core bookshelves and center as replacement.  We will defintely miss the Klipsch.

Not too low and I will take them.  But you need to deliver them to my house in Kissimmee/Saint Cloud.;):D

Seriously, it does seem pretty low but post some photos and let us see the blemishes.

On another note, did you get a definitive answer from NAD whether your T775HD is upgradeable to the new VM300 module?  I am hoping that the new module is compatible with my T175HD pre/pro.

Bill

Well.  This guy from Cocoa, FL is coming to my home tonight to pick it up.  He promised $350 cash.  The speakers are in good shape.  The blemishes are only on the cabinet corners in the back.  Small chip on the MDF.  The drivers are in perfect shape.  The front grill has a broken peg on one of them.  I had advertised my speakers in craigslist and facebook groups for months and no one even replied!  I went from $600 to $400.  Getting $350.  If any of you want to offer more, make me an offer :)

Here is one photo I have with one of my Klipsch RF-5 next to my new JBL Studio 590 tower.

JBL_Klipsch.jpg

25 minutes ago, willland said:

@bommai,

You know, I joined this forum 4 days before you.

Any word about the VM300 upgrade for your T775HD?

I was just kidding about buying the RF-5's.  As you can see, I have plenty of Klipsch.:o:lol:

Bill

I haven't heard about the availability for the T775HD.  I sent an email to them today.  Hopefully, we will know soon.  I love my NAD T775.  After listening to the Klipsch RF-5 for a dozen years, I wanted a change and took a chance and ordered the JBL 590s.  They have huge horns.  After the break-in period, I started loving the JBLs.  Since I did not find the JBL 520c to be an adequate center channel, I am still using the Klipsch RC-7 as my center.  They seem to work fine together.  I find the JBL to be less fatiguing for music listening compared to the RF-5.  For movies, they are both good.

3 minutes ago, bommai said:

Yes we are talking about my RF-5s.  With reluctance, I am selling them for $350 a pair after unsuccessfully trying to sell them for a higher price.  I guess no one in Orlando/Melbourne area is interested!

Funny you say that.  I had my "minty" mahogany RB-5's for sale on craigslist for close to 2 months with no local interest.

Central Florida is a fickle crowd, from my experience.

Bill

37 minutes ago, bommai said:

NAD finally has the VM300 in their site but does not say it supports the Txx5 series.  Oh well.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/mdc-modules/VM-300-Video-MDC-Module

No news about the AM300.

I am going to email or call them myself.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  Not too long ago, I had an opportunity to get the T187 prep/pro for less than $1000.00 but didn't pull the trigger.

Oh well.

Bill

47 minutes ago, bommai said:

Oh well.  I have never had separates.   I got the opportunity to buy a NAD T775HD for just $1299 new and got it in 2011.  Love it. 

From my understanding, the T775HD and T785HD have the same preamp/processing section as the T175HD so if you do or want to add an outboard amp, you would essentially have separates.  Though from my experience with my T773, NAD puts some pretty potent amp sections in their upper tier AVR's.

Bill

I did it.  We sold our RF-5 for $350 last night.  This nice guy came and paid cash and picked them up. The living room is empty without it.  My wife was actually shedding a little tear!

Regarding the NAD, yes - they are beefy receivers.  I have the T763 in the family room and it is a bomb.  It provides effort less power.  It only has 6 amp channels (unlike its big brother the T773). I only have a 5.1 system so not a problem. The T775HD has 7 channels and I use that in my home theater.  One other thing I love about the T763 is the jumpers from the pre-amp to amp section.  I can use it as a pre-amp or just an amp or both (with jumpers on).  I could buy a processor and use the T763 just for the amp (100WPC 6 channels - these are real watts with all channels driven).  Unfortunately, the T775HD does not use the jumpers like this so I won't be able to use it as just an amp.