Someone is offering $350 for my 12 year old Klipsch RF-5 pair

bommai

Oh.....man you should have held out for $500.00....Just kidding.

Just think....if they were just sitting around doing nothing....you would have got $000.00 out of them.

You had them ....you enjoyed them.....time to move them along.

Oh yea.....the part about your wife shedding a tear.....Sure

G.E.M.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:34 PM, bommai said:

NAD finally has the VM300 in their site but does not say it supports the Txx5 series.  Oh well.

@bommai,

I contacted Spearit Sound through Audiogon earlier today about the VM300's compatibility with the T175HD/T775HD and they said NAD verified it to be true.  But also said that the firmware and installations instructions will not be here until January 2017.

Questions for the seller
Dec-08-2016
So is it safe to say that the new VM300 module is compatible with the T175HD? I am assuming that it is based on your description. If this is so, how much to upgrade? Thanks, Bill
NAD says it will be compatible but the firmware and installation instructions for the T 175HD won't be here until January. The VM300 sells for $599.

Bill

@bommai,

Found this also from Crutchfield.

4K Video Module: The NAD VM300 allows you to upgrade select NAD AV receivers and preamplifiers that currently support 1080p video to ultra high definition 4K video.

Compatibility: Works with the NAD T175, T765, T775, T785, T187, T777,  & T787 AV receiver; as well as the NAD M15 & M17 AV preamplifiers.

Firmware Update: Your compatible NAD AV receiver or AV preamplifier will require a firmware update using a PC running Windows Vista, 7, or newer (or Mac running a Window emulator). Once the firmware update is available, it can be found on the product page of NAD's website.

Bill

I got the same info from my contact at NAD.  End of January is when they will have the firmware ready for the VM300.  However, I don't have any immediate need for this since I am still using my Epson 1080UB projector. I am probably more interested in the AM300 (or whatever it is called) since that is supposed to add Dolby Atmos and Dirac support.  I have become a big proponent of room correction and while Audyssey is good, the MultiEQ/XT is not sufficient now.

That was very low indeed, there are two pairs on ebay right now one pair at $650 and one pair at $675. That seems to be what I have seen them selling for around here on Craigs List as well.

I absolutely love mine, I have had them since 2001 and I don't think I will ever sell them. I just keep making other changes to my system that make them sound better and better.

• Like 1