WTB Oppo BDP 103

Ave Bona Cornwall

I'm just wondering if anyone has an Oppo BDP 103 Blu Ray player (or maybe an older model) they want to part with.  I know they're coming out with a replacement for it (but not out yet).  I'm looking more toward the lower price model; I don't need all the features; I just want a really good player for DVD, Blu Ray, and cds.

So, if you've got one in good shape that you want to part with, send me a PM.  I'm also keeping my eyes on any holiday deals for other brands in case I don't find a used Oppo, so this thread may be obsolete in a couple weeks if I give up hope and find something else.

Thanks!

On 12/11/2016 at 9:11 AM, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

Went fast...Ad is already gone off Audiogon.  At $375, they seem high since Oppo is coming out with a newer replacement in about a week (estimated) in the $499-$599 price point.

Not really.  It's a solid BDP, and still in fairly high demand.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

but then, apparently they are doing ok....

I guess...............

They used to have 3 or 4 different models at different price points.   They went from a value leader to high end.   I've had a couple of their players over the years and they've been great but you have to wonder what direction the company is headed.  They even sell head phones now.  Sound familiar lol?

I think I will order a 203... I dont use my unit for any processing because I have an external dac, a 205 would be useless for me personally. I dont give a shyte about darbe either.

The only thing that I am worried about is region free playback... I need region free.

3 hours ago, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

I don't think I'll get the 203 since it doesn't have streaming apps built in...still looking for a 103 if anyone who is getting a 203 wants to sell.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/48837/fs-oppo-bdp-103

Found.

• Like 2